facebook

what are my chances?

by: rush

What are my chances and which sororities would be interested in me? I have a 4.0 GPA, I'm from out of state (Texas), I have a letter of Rec for all but 2 sororities (tri delt and DG), I would consider myself to have a preppy style but I would say I look average, and my resume has a decent amount of community service and I am not a legacy?

Posted By: rush
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Idk   

Wait and find out.

By: Idk
#2  by: Who knows    

It bout a rec letter, you'll be cut from DG and tri delt for sure. The 4.0 is good, but what else is on your resume? Sports, dance, activities, clubs, jobs? Take an AP classes? What was your ACT/SAT? Did you hold a leadership position in anything? How much community service? 20 hours or 100? Who wrote your rec letters? An Ole Miss alum? That pulls more weight an an alum from another school. Do you know any actives? Can you hold a conversation? Are you personable and relatable?

By: Who knows
by: rushAug 10, 2015 12:53:03 PM

I was in some clubs in hs (drama, nhs, key club, biology club) I was in all advance classes. I have about 60 hours of community service. Some recs were written by ole miss alum (theta, aopi(2), phi mu, and kappa). Pi Phi was written by a former president of another school. I can hold a conversation I'm social and have been working in a store for over two years now and have learned a lot about being personable.

By: rush
by: Oh girl Aug 10, 2015 1:42:31 PM

You just gave away so much info

By: Oh girl
#3  by: well   

where are you from in texas? small town? big city? usually the big city girls from the nice areas (dallas-highland park, houston-memorial/riveroaks san antonio-alamo heights, austin-westlake) get into the top tiers (DDD/XO/KD). if you are from a small town/suburb (like me) you still have chances on top tiers depending on if you have any connections in those houses. if you lack connections to these three then being from texas i would say your best bet is kappa or pi phi! they take a lot of texas girls who don't have connections to get into the top houses.
I would really recommend getting recs for DDD and DG! do some digging ask your neighbors, your friends moms! it would really suck if you got dropped first round from these sororities just because of recs! you might love them and you don't want to risk that

By: well
#4  by: Don't    

Don't give out lots of personal information on a public site. Try your local panhellenic association if you are having trouble finding recs or a local alumnae group of that sorority. The people already writing recs for you may have friends that are members in the groups you are lacking. You really need recs for every group on campus. Keep trying and good luck.

By: Don't

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.