facebook

rigor

by: reb

Acadimically speaking, is Ole-Miss worth the money? I've heard that it's extremely easy and the job field is limited after graduation. How would you say Ole-Miss stand academically compared to other SEC or state schools

Posted By: reb
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: A    

College degree is a college degree at the end of the day no matter where from

By: A
#2  by: Uh   

And btw the Harvard of the south is Vanderbilt not UF but nice try

By: Uh
by: What?Aug 7, 2015 6:33:10 AM

Ya'll need to do your homework. Ole miss has always been referred to as the Harvard of the south. But, not because of academics. It is in reference to the upperclass student body.

By: What?
#3  by: graduating soon   

I'm a senior and just finished an internship on wall street where most of my intern class was form "better ranked" unis. I walked away with one of 3 job offers they made for spring providing I keep my gpa. Why? because Ole Miss has taught me how to be social and work with others. Trust me every school out there has the exact same curriculum and classes - every kid there had taken accounting, finance, etc... not ever kid there knew how to go out with the team and drink and not get drunk, make small talk, manage my time etc... Trust me when I say what you learn in college is NOT academics its life skills and Ole Miss teaches you that better than any other place out there...

By: graduating soon
by: WPSAug 7, 2015 10:31:22 AM

Yeah - probably couldn't have learned any of that at like, oh, I don't know, home, right?

By: WPS
#4  by: Here ya go:   

Here are the academic rankings for SEC schools:

1. Vanderbilt
2. Texas A&M
3. Florida
4. Georgia
5. Alabama
6. Auburn
7. Missouri
8. Tennessee
9. South Carolina
10. Kentucky
11. LSU
12. Arkansas
13. Ole Miss
14. Mississippi State \n\n\n\n\n

By: Here ya go:
by: UhhhAug 7, 2015 9:04:33 AM

There's no way we're below Arkansas and LSU.

By: Uhhh
by: WPSAug 7, 2015 10:30:30 AM

Own it. Mississippi is below AR in everything except teen pregnancy, illiteracy and RWNJ <----- hey you're ahead of us in something (MS #2 in teen pregnancy and AR #5)!

WOO! PIG! SOOIE!

By: WPS
by: WellAug 7, 2015 10:48:47 AM

According to USNews College Rankings you are below Arkansas and LSU. Just google it!

By: Well
#5  by: well   

When my boss hires people she and throws away applications from Ole Miss because all she's ever experienced is a low work ethic

By: well
#6  by: dont   

Sure you can work really hard and get involved and just maybe you'll have a good job lined up after graduation. Ole Miss has decent academics, but you'll find that other SEC schools have a better reputation. That being said, go to the school that you love. If you love Ole Miss, by all means apply. It won't hurt you to go here, but you'll have to work a lot harder to build your own "reputation" versus on relying on a larger, more reputable school's reputation.

By: dont
#7  by: Seriously?   

The way that you spell, a college education from ANYWHERE will be an improvement.

By: Seriously?
by: different posterAug 7, 2015 10:29:50 PM

it is greek rank... not an English paper.

By: different poster

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.