facebook

recruitment: pre-rush "stalking"

by: pnm

As a PNM Ive noticed several actives from various sororities following me on social media. Though I've read several past discussions on this pertaining to the question "Does this mean that they want to bid me?" I've been left a little curious.

So, I know that because I'm being followed by them on social media that means that somewhere along the line that have heard my name and wanted to get an idea of what I'm like prior to recruitment. (Good or bad)

My question is: If myself, or other PNM's are being followed by a vast amount of actives from Bottom/Mid tier sororities, but only a few from the top houses does this give us an idea prior to recruitment of where we may fall amongst our peers?

I know that as a PNM's we should not be worried about tiers, or even have our heart set out on one house prior to recruitment. I just want to know what houses myself, or other PNM's should be working on building connections and relationships with based on our current situations.

Posted By: pnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Whoa!   

Slow down! Having actives follow you on social media makes no impact on where you will receive a bid! It just means that we saw your resume and liked what we saw. Or it could mean that you have friends in those sororities who are telling others to take a look. It is a good sign, but honestly, it will not affect your recruitment experience or affect what sorority you end up in.

I had literally 54 KD's following me and was cut by then after skit. I had 3 chi o's following me and they invited me all the way to pref. i never had even one active from a bottom house ask to follow me. Surprises me to hear that they have begun doing this!

Don't concentrate on any one sorority! Never ever assume a sorority wants you! Trust me, every single PNM reading this will be disappointed at least once during rush! Most will cry at least once, and a few will even drop out because it gets too overwhelming.

Go out with other freshman and have a blast! We will see you! You don't have to worry about connecting with us, we are watching you and taking notes! We want girls who look fun and composed! Not girls who are looking to make insincere friendships for the sake of receiving a bid.

By: Whoa!

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.