facebook

getting into parties

by: rush?

If i'm not planning on rushing a fraternity until sophomore year will I have a hard time getting into parties as a freshman?

Posted By: rush?
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Well    

You'll be able to get into all of the fraternity rush parties that take place before recruitment this fall. But come October, you're screwed and won't get in unless you make friends who are already initiated members of the fraternity. Why are you waiting to rush? I would recommend rushing freshman year if at all possible..

By: Well
#2  by: pnm   

how exactly do frat parties work lol? can anyone go for the most part? or does a are certain sorority or frats are invited?

By: pnm
by: Well Aug 1, 2015 1:25:13 PM

Any girl can get into any frat party. She can be in a sorority, a pnm, or even a gdi. It doesn't matter. A girl does not need to know a guy in the frat to get in. There are not specific frat parties for specific sororities. But there are certain sororities that tend to hang out at certain frats.

Guys, on the other hand, can only get into a frat party if they're a member of that fraternity or if they know an initiated member who will let them in. Guys who aren't in fraternities tend to hang at bars.

Before formal recruitment, there will be many fraternity rush parties. At this point, any guy can get into any frat party because fraternities want new who are planning on rushing to come and meet the actives.

Frat parties are fun and will become more fun once you get to meet a few fraternity guys.

By: Well
by: butAug 1, 2015 2:14:54 PM

there are some frat parties before rush (like big ones before big games) that freshman guys have to be on a list. its usually the guys they are interested in and rushing.

By: but
by: ...Aug 2, 2015 11:22:36 AM

This is an awkward question but do people grind and such at frat parties?

I hate that kind of dancing๐Ÿ˜–

By: ...
#3  by: Ole Miss ...   

I'm hoping to start college after Christmas at Ole Miss. Will I be able to attend parties if I have friends in a couple of houses? I am planning to rush next fall !

By: Ole Miss ...
by: ^Aug 2, 2015 11:57:30 AM

If you have good friends, you should be fine. Fraternities just don't like random guys coming in and drinking their alcohol.

There is dancing and some people will be grinding but others will just be talking and drinking. This is college sweetheart, you better get used to grinding.

By: ^
by: PnmAug 4, 2015 9:40:14 AM

Well if other people want to dance like that, be my guest. However, i cannot dance like that even if i tried ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

By: Pnm

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.