facebook

legacy of 2 sororities

by: Honest question

So, my grandma is a chapter legacy of a sorority at ole miss and my mom is a chapter legacy of a different sorority, also at ole miss. I know that doesn't happen frequently, but one is top tier and one is middle tier. They both also held high positions in their sororities. I have great rec letters for both, but I'm just nervous that the girls are going to judge me because I am a legacy of two different sororities. Will this have any effect on my rush? I am worried that one chapter will assume I am solely interested in the other one because I am a legacy there too. However I know that I am not just limited to those two and I plan to keep a very open mind. I just don't want the fact that I'm a legacy of 2 different ones to think that I'm not interested in anyone else.

Posted By: Honest question
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Been there   

Your situation is not that uncommon. I have a friend whose grandmother was is one sorority, her mother in another and her sister is yet another. Although not considered a legacy she had aunts and cousins in four others. Many pnms will be legacies to more than one chapter. I was.

By: Been there
#2  by: Been there   

Your situation is not that uncommon. I have a friend whose grandmother was is one sorority, her mother in another and her sister is yet another. Although not considered a legacy she had aunts and cousins in four others. Many pnms will be legacies to more than one chapter. I was.

By: Been there
#3  by: Active    

This is way more common than you think. You won't be judged at all. In fact, it shows other sororities that women in your family aren't afraid to pledge a sorority that is not their legacy chapter.

By: Active
by: honest questionJul 20, 2015 1:40:39 PM

thank you!! that makes me feel a lot better about my situation!

By: honest question
#4  by: Well   

In my sorority grandmothers aren't consider legacy's anymore. Our chapter has gotten so big we just count mother and sister.

By: Well
by: honest questionJul 20, 2015 1:41:39 PM

oh wow, I never thought about that. I suppose I'll have to double-check to make sure that doesn't apply to me :) Thanks for the advice!

By: honest question
by: legaciesJul 20, 2015 4:09:58 PM

I believe Chi Omega and Tri Delta are the only sororities who do not consider granddaughters legacies.

Some chapters even consider great-granddaughters legacies, and some even consider step siblings/daughters etc. legacies. It completely depends on the chapter. Every PNM who thinks they may be a legacy needs to do the proper research to make sure, because there are a lot of girls who think they are a legacy from their aunt or cousin when they aren't.

By: legacies
by: legaciesJul 20, 2015 4:10:30 PM

the only sororities on our campus that don't consider granddaughters legacies, I mean. I'm not sure about the rest of the NPC sororities.

By: legacies

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.