facebook

community service

by: PNM

How important are community service hours when going through rush? Will sororities look higher upon you because you have a lot of hours or vice versa?

Posted By: PNM
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: It depends.    

All sororities have some sort of grading or point system they use when ordering their lists. Something like this:

(Disclaimer:I pulled these numbers out of the air. No actually lists looks exactly like this). Every chapter is looking for something different

Grades- 1-3 pts depending on gpa
Volunteer hours- 1-3 pts depending on hours
Extra curriculars- 1-2 pts
Leadership- 1-2 pts
Awards 1-4 pts
Looks - 1-2 pts
Personality- 1 pt
Legacy- 1-pt
Chapter legacy- 10 pts
Connections- 1-8 pts.
Etc.

The higher points you earn, the higher your name goes on the list.

At least this is how preliminary lists work. Beyond the first round, the game changes.

By: It depends.
by: Not every sorority Jul 12, 2015 12:09:05 PM

We don't use this system.

By: Not every sorority
by: ^^^Jul 12, 2015 12:50:49 PM

Every sorority uses some sort of measuring stick! With close to 1900 girls going through, there is a system in place in EVERY sorority!

Your sorority's measuring stick may be different, the points assigned or not assigned may be different, but when we look at the "overall" girl, there is a predetermined way of ranking and ordering the pnm's.

I have no idea how the bottom tier works, because your return rates are so low and you don't have to make as many cuts after the first round, but the top and mid tier houses don't have the time to sit and personally vote on 1900 girls. There is a system for elimination. Top houses will have to cut close to half the pnm's after the first round! Bottom houses may only cut the girls they don't want, but top and mid houses have to cut friends and sometimes family.

Trust me when I say we have a system of ranking pnm's.

By: ^^^

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.