facebook

w/o connections

by: ???

can you get into a top-mid sorority without connections? just curious. ranks dont matter to me but I want to know if my options are limited regardless

Posted By: ???
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Maybe   

It's possible to get in without connections, you will just need to be just short of perfect.

By: Maybe
#2  by: Yes   

I got into a top house with no connections. I had 2 rec letters and came from a "good" high school and neighborhood. I had a decent resume and a decent gpa. I just killed it during rush. I clicked with every girl I talked to in my house and made a great impression. I was shocked when they kept me after skit night and then when I got a bid. It is possible, if you have a good resume and great personality

By: Yes
by: Well...Jul 10, 2015 2:38:19 PM

I'm willing to bet that you impressed a member of the rush team. You would be part of a VERY rare group.

Maybe one of your rec writers was a chapter alumni or knew a chapter alumni and you just didn't know it. There was a girl in my pledge class who claimed the same thing, but later realized that her rec writer actually went out of her way to secure her a second rec from a chapter alum.

if you are indeed a member of a top house, you are probably a sophomore who has never participated in rush as an active.

Not really fair for you to give hope where very little is.

By: Well...
by: ????Jul 10, 2015 4:49:36 PM

Are you in a top two, or top four, or top six house. There is a difference.

Tip top. xo & Ddd
Top. Kd & dg
Middle. Phi mu & kappa.

I'm guessing you are in a middle tier if you consider yourself top but got in with out connections.

By: ????
#3  by: Not likely   

Not likely, there's so many girls going through rush that many houses just cut everyone they don't "personally" know. But don't be discouraged! There are sooo many good "bottom tier" houses that will give you a fair shot. Being "bottom" at Ole Miss isn't like the bottom at other colleges, those houses have beautiful girls who love where they are!

By: Not likely

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.