facebook

getting along

by: J

What's the general feeling towards northerners on campus. Do you guys hate kids from the NJ/NY area and how do you treat them etc.

Posted By: J
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: for the most part   

We don't really care. You might stand out a little bit and feel awkward occasionally just since this is a college in the heart of the south and there are some culture differences that might come out at certain times, but it shouldn't be an issue, and it won't happen all the time. We have tons and tons of out of state students form all over. You won't be alone. Southern hospitality is a real thing, too! There will be a few people who will probably judge you for it but honestly those people are so ignorant it's not even funny. But most of us won't care. Personally I think it's cool when people from out of the south choose Ole Miss just because it's such a big part of my heart and it makes me feel good that someone actually chose Ole Miss way away from their home out of tons and tons of other schools. Kinda cheesy, I know. Ole Miss is just such a great place and you'll hopefully feel right at home here, regardless of where you're from!

By: for the most part
by: JJul 5, 2015 8:06:50 AM

Thanks so much! Look forward to attending!

By: J

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.