facebook

just asking

by: Sister

So my sister was a chi o at another school and loved them, how on do I have to be during recruitment week in order to get a bid from them? I have a red from an ole miss alum. The only problem is I don't know anyone. I'm just wondering because mw sister went out of state not knowing anyone and is a chi o an UGA. Thanks a lot!

Posted By: Sister
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: chi o   

First of all, Chi O will now know exactly who you are when you go through recruitment because they will see that you are a legacy and that your sister went to UGA. You don't need to give out ANY information about yourself on this website that might give you away!

Next, every single chapter for every single organization is different at every school. Just because your sister fit in perfectly with the UGA Chi O chapter doesn't mean that you will fit in perfectly with the Ole Miss Chi O chapter. You need to go into recruitment completely open minded, because you never know where you will end up or where you will feel the most at home. Don't focus on Chi O. If you end up fitting in perfectly there, then that's great! But if you don't, then don't force it. This is your experience, not your sisters. You might find your home somewhere else.

That being said, not having any connections will definitely hurt you. But you could go into recruitment and instantly click with the actives you talk to, so it isn't impossible, but I would not get your hopes up. Actives have tons of girls that they already love and that they already know they want in their chapter. Being a legacy from a different school than Ole Miss doesn't help all that much, since so many legacies go through each year.

Just don't get your hopes up and KEEP AN OPEN MIND!!!!! There isn't a magic formula to get a bid to any house. Just BE YOURSELF, and go with your heart. And if you end up in Chi O, then great.

By: chi o

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.