facebook

rush fall 2015

by: Texas Gal

I was recently accepted into Ole Miss, and I love it. I want to go here, but I have only one hesitation. Rush. I don't know many girls who go to Ole Miss, and I'm from Texas. Will these lower my chances? I'm not the skinniest girl, but I like to have a good time and I'm a people person. I know Greek life isn't the most important thing, but going to an SEC school (or any school in the South) it kind of is. I'm a DG legacy, and I can get good reps for most of the sororities. Just wanting some advice!

Posted By: Texas Gal
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: advice   

My advice is to make sure that you have a high GPA and a lot of community service to add to your resume'. A good reputation and making a good impression will take you far. Don't get your heart set on any one house and you should be fine.

By: advice
by: Texas GalOct 11, 2014 6:07:31 PM

Thank you! I have a lot of that, and I don't have my heart set on one. I just want a bid!

By: Texas Gal
#2  by: Texas   

Tons of girls are from Texas! It won't hurt your chances at all. If you keep looking (it may be buried by this spam) someone has posted the numbers, by state, that each sorority takes.

By: Texas
by: OhOct 11, 2014 6:14:59 PM

And good luck next year girl!

By: Oh
#3  by: nnn   

I'd say leave Ole Miss to the Mississippians. They seem to only like their own kind and you won't realize that until you get over here and you're stuck.

By: nnn
by: @nnnOct 11, 2014 6:46:43 PM

Not true at all. True, top tier, for some reason, are stuck on Jackson. But they ARE taking more OOS.

By: @nnn
#4  by: Advice   

Plenty of ole miss girls are from Texas! DG is big on GPA and being involved. Keep yours up and you should be fine. Go through rush with an open mind and be yourself. I'm from another southern state but found my place in a sorority

By: Advice
#5  by: 2015   

Texas girls do well in rush. Keep you options open and don't rely on your legacy status!

Best advice for a successful recruitment: network! If you have any connections to Ole Miss work those connections! You can't get into any of the top six houses without connections. (And please don't ask how! Outgoing popular girls already know how to do this!).

By: 2015
#6  by: save our greek rank page   

bump

By: save our greek rank page
#7  by: Stressed PNM   

I'm from Mississippi. I have a green zone GPA, lots of community service and leadership in clubs, good rec letters, and a good personality. BUT I have no legacy status and I know very few girls in sororities at Ole Miss. Could that hurt my chances of getting a bid?

By: Stressed PNM
by: Yes. Aug 12, 2015 2:11:27 PM

Twice? You posted this twice?

By: Yes.

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.