facebook

rush stuff for 2024

by: didibop

Can someone explain how you choose what house you wanna be in and how they drop you. Like i wanna know i’m not from the south im from new jersey and i have no idea how this works. Also like on bid day will i know what house chose me by then?

Posted By: didibop
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: wow   

You really need to visit the Ole Miss Panhellenic page for recruitment 2024. In a nutshell:

For round 1 you watch videos from the 11 sororities. You will then rank the sororities for round 2 according to your interest in them, your top 8 and bottom 3. Meanwhile, the sororities are choosing which pnm’s to invite back and which to release from their consideration. Then, an algorithm matches the sororities’ invitation lists with the pnm’s ranked sororities list to generate a schedule of houses to visit for each pnm. It is the sororities’ decisions that drive this process, not so much the pnm’s rankings. The sororities do not know how pnm’s rank them so this is not a consideration for them in their invitations to the pnm’s. You will see this when you get your schedule back. Some houses will drop from your schedule even if you ranked them in your top choices, and some houses that you ranked lowest will still be on your schedule to fill the gaps and make sure you have as close to a full schedule as possible. While the max is 8 houses for round 2, you very likely will have far fewer. Pnm’s ranks only come into play when more sororities invite them back than the max for that round, but this situation is very rare and only happens to a handful of well-connected pnm’s. Each sorority has a limit on the number of pnm’s they can invite back each round, and round 1 cuts are huge. Remember that pnm’s don’t cut, they only rank, so welcome those choices that end up back on your schedule because they WANT you and every sorority here offers a great experience.

The process continues the same way for each round, with round 3 max of 5 houses and preferential round max of 2. Again, you may not have the max for those rounds either, but it only takes one to get a bid.

The pref round is a little different. You will attend up to 2 prefs. After that you will sign your card and rank your pref houses for a bid. The pref round is where a pnm’s ranks actually matter, and your number 1 rank will be given more priority for you in the bid matching process. The odds favor a pnm getting her first choice, but it’s not guaranteed and you might get your second choice. You are guaranteed a bid to either if you rank both houses. You are not guaranteed a bid if you have 2 pref houses but only put 1 on your card. If you only have 1 pref invitation and attend and put it on your card you will definitely get that bid. Otherwise, you will find out on bid day where your bid is when you open your card with everyone else.

Again, you really need to read the recruitment info.

By: wow

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.