facebook

Will I get a top house?

by: That girl

Hello. I’m going to ole Miss this year in the fall and my gpa is a 2.9. I am VERY talkative and would definitely fit into a top house. I have friends in top houses. Do I even have a chance? I have a very good resume. Only chance is my gpa is low.

Posted By: That girl
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Info   

You will get into a house. Stop with the “TOP”. Top just means from Miss. You will only have a chance with the sororities that start with an A. Enjoy them. Great girls in all sororities.

By: Info
by: Cool Mar 18, 2024 5:03:35 PM

How do you know that for a fact? Are they serious about gpa cut offs? Are you in a sorority at ole miss? I am very anxious because I’m right at the green zone cut off.

By: Cool
by: The Way It IsMar 19, 2024 3:14:56 PM

It's such a competitive system with so many girls going through and grades are so important to the well-established houses - GPA is an easy gauge for which girls to drop early on. To overcome that you have to be extraordinarily well connected (i.e. mom is legacy who has financially supported local chapter and national HQ in a big way since graduating and is heavily involved in alumni activities).

So-called "A" houses aren't required to drop as many girls early on, so borderline GPAs can make the cut. Go in with an open mind and you can still have an amazing experience (as long as you work on your grades, because it will be harder to maintain GPA in college).

By: The Way It Is
#2  by: !!!!!!   

U can get into aphi aopi or zta

By: !!!!!!
#3  by: KD   

Every chapter on the Panhellenic website has a minimum gpa requirement of 3.0 to join. Let’s be real here, you’re definitely not gonna get a top house and will struggle to even get any of the “A’s”. That’s just the way it is here. Coming from someone who went through recruitment and then was on the other side of recruiting: It doesn’t matter if you’re talkative or have friends in other houses, there are sooo many girls going through recruitment no one is going to care nor vouch for you with that low of a gpa. Good luck.

By: KD

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.