facebook

Will I be dropped?

by: Jaylee

So I've heard that people can get dropped by top sororites if their not from Mississippi but I'm from Arkansas and I don't want something as silly as that not get me a bid. My dream sorority is Chi O and I'm worried ill get dropped after the 1st round just because of where I grew up at...

Posted By: Jaylee
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: K   

uhhhh depends ig

By: K
#2  by: !   

Don’t worry about your out of state status, you will be dropped because of your grammar!

By: !
by: JayleeFeb 25, 2024 3:46:42 PM

Sorry, I didn't know my question was going to get graded.

By: Jaylee
#3  by: Lily Bond   

That's dumb if they cut you just because of that

By: Lily Bond
by: nope Feb 26, 2024 9:41:51 AM

You aren't getting it. It's not about girls being dropped because they are from a certain place or not, it's about being KNOWN by the other members or not. Actives will always choose girls they know, or know of somehow, over girls they know nothing about. Girls from certain areas have closer ties to members because they live in certain places and go to certain high schools or summer camps. These are the CONNECTIONS that are always talked about, and when cuts have to be made, the girls they know, the connected ones, are always going to be more desired.

By: nope
#4  by: Careful   

Chi O has girls from all over, including Arkansas.

You risk getting dropped because you are coming in with a premature idea of a “dream sorority” and that attitude often makes girls seem desperate and/or arrogant.

Also the way you are thinking will likely lead you to believe that being cut by so-called top houses equals “getting dropped” when there are houses that will give you a chance if you open your mind.

I hope everything goes well for you but if you come in too focused on one particular house, statistically you are setting yourself up for major disappointment.

By: Careful
by: JayleeFeb 25, 2024 8:59:27 PM

That makes me feel so much better, thank you! Also I'll def try to not be so focused on Chi O. I'd be happy with whatever sorority I feel more at home in.

#5  by: uh oh    

The mindset of having a 'dream sorority' based on letters or whatever, with no idea of what the members are like and the chapter culture is like, is unrealistic and immature. I guess if you are from Arkansas then you want bragging rights for being a XO because of that founding chapter at your state school.

By: uh oh
by: ?Feb 26, 2024 11:23:47 AM

If she wanted bragging rights she would've just went to a school in Arkansas. Also she said under another comment that she's going to try and be open minded and will be happy with getting a bid from any sorority that she truly loves.

By: ?
by: yikesFeb 26, 2024 8:13:37 PM

You must be the OP because your grammar is awful..."would've just went"...

By: yikes
#6  by: Huh   

Such a fake post chi I was founded at Arkansas

By: Huh
by: ^Feb 27, 2024 11:10:51 AM

IDK if it's a fake post but it certainly reads like someone is going to Ole Miss so she can pledge XO and think she will get some clout back home.

By: ^
#7  by: Jaylee   

I'm just asking because I really want to be apart of a sisterhood when I go to college, I actually have not graduated yet and don't even know if i'll be excepted into Ole Miss. Ole Miss is just my dream school.

by: hiFeb 27, 2024 7:04:08 PM

If you’re worried about getting into Ole Miss…I wouldn’t worry about it lol! We accept like everyone, we have open enrollment here. As for sorority, I would say it doesn’t really matter all that much. Of course, girls from Mississippi are given a little bit more of a chance initially, but if you can get in the houses you want on philanthropy, just be happy and be yourself! If they drop you from there, they’re probably not the girls you want as friends anyway. I’m from Mississippi and went to high school with a lot of girls in top sororities, but only made it to half of them on Philanthropy and ended up getting a middle tier sorority. But! I love it here, and although it seemed disappointing at first, I definitely couldn’t see it any other way. Rank is super subjective here anyway, unless you’re like 60 and think there are 3 top houses that matter and everyone else doesn’t matter at all lol

By: hi

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.