facebook

ole miss sorority stereotypes

by: PNM

What are the real stereotypes of the sororities at Ole Miss?

Posted By: PNM
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: My thoughts..   

I'm in a sorority here- these are my views on each sorority's stereotype:

1. Chi O- smart, semi hipster girls, mostly Mississippi/Jackson girls, some stunning girls!
2. KD- a little stuck up/rude, but several really nice girls! Present themseleves nicely
3. Tridelt- 'rich girls', little snobby but many sweet ones in the bunch. Gorgeous house and girls
4. DG- classy. highest GPA on campus. sweet and pretty. some really quiet girls- some really crazy/loud girls. Solid mix
5. Phi Mu- very well liked, so many pretty girls, lots of pageant girls as well. Guys love them, they are fun but not too wild'
6. Kappa- wild, but super, super fun! Tons of beautiful out of state girls
7. Pi Phi- lots of Texas girls and out of state girls. Super fun and sweet!
8. AOPi- a lot of really 'chill'/cool girls. They have a very laid back attitude
9. Theta- a whole mix of girls. Some are a bit odd/strange, but they also have many awesome girls! Typically the girls who got cut from every other sorority during recruitment only had theta left. They got a great pledge class this year and are definitely improving!!!
10. ADPi- new on campus but got an awesome group of girls!! Definitely see great things in store for them in the next few years! Lots and lots of potential to be an awesome sorority here

By: My thoughts..
by: yes yes yesOct 24, 2013 11:03:43 PM

Oh my gosh! Someone who finally gets it! Absolutely perfect.

By: yes yes yes
by: sororitygirlJul 17, 2015 12:57:13 AM

Spot on

By: sororitygirl
by: actually...Jul 26, 2015 1:38:05 AM

Chi O has the highest GPA on campus tied with Delta Psi :)

By: actually...
by: LolFeb 28, 2016 9:41:47 AM

Yes, thank you chi o for your two cents. Without your outspokenness on this site, nobody would even know you girls exist! You girls are legends only in your own minds.

By: Lol
by: olemissgirl63Nov 13, 2016 9:51:34 AM

DG doesn't have the highest gpa on campus anymore, chi o has hasn't it for the last 2 two years in a row

By: olemissgirl63
by: chiosweetheartJan 24, 2017 11:21:12 AM

hey actually chi o has the highest GPA on campus!

By: chiosweetheart
#2  by: I like   

This one! Your thoughts are right on the money.

By: I like
#3  by: myview   

Here's my view of each of the sororities. most are the same but i tweaked them to what i notice:

1. Chi O- smart, semi hipster girls, mostly Mississippi/Jackson girls, some stunning girls! they can be quiet on campus and aren't very involved. 2. KD- can be very cliquey and only hang out with other kd's but they have a lot of gorgeous, talented girls. very involved on campus and are competitive and like to win things.3. Tridelt- 'rich girls', little snobby but many sweet ones in the bunch. Gorgeous house and girls. unfortunately some say the girls that rush you drop you after bid day. 4. DG- highest gpa on campus and very involved. some say they are boring and cookie cutter but they have fun girls too. 5. Phi Mu- lots of ex-pageant girls. full of fun and sweet girls. 6. Kappa- wild, wild, wildddd, and fun!!!. they put on a great rush and take great out of state girls. the fraternities love kappa 7. Pi Phi- even more wild than Kappa, can be known for being involved with many scandals on campus. 8. AOPi- a lot of really very laid back girls, most are from the north 9. Theta- a whole mix of girls. Typically the rejects in regards to grades, looks, or reputation. 10. ADPi- I personally feel like we can't rank them until they have been on campus for a year or two so we can see what they're all about.

By: myview
by: ^Oct 25, 2013 11:05:52 AM

Theta didn't take grade risks this year.

By: ^
by: @^Jul 24, 2015 4:37:56 PM

I'm in Theta, & yeah, we def took a grade risk or two.

By: @^
by: ButJul 24, 2015 6:33:41 PM

I'm a KD and I hang out with everyone!! I hate when people call us stuck up. My sisters are sweet and amazing.

By: But
by: idkwhattoputFeb 24, 2016 4:56:38 PM

I'm a tridelt and everyone is so nice! I hate how everyone thinks we come off as snobby. It makes people not want to approach us which makes other people see us as unapproachable, and it's just a vicious cycle. If people got to know us they'd think differently! :)

By: idkwhattoput
by: agreeMar 15, 2016 7:09:39 PM

with pi phi. phi mu's also took some wild ones this pledge class, which was kind of surprising.

By: agree
by: agreeMar 15, 2016 7:09:40 PM

with pi phi. phi mu's also took some wild ones this pledge class, which was kind of surprising.

By: agree
by: !!!Mar 22, 2016 2:36:43 PM

Very accurate! But I think Theta does have a big mix of girls but they do have some pretty and smart girls in them! and I don't believe KD's are as cliquey as everyone believes them to be.

By: !!!
by: Old Sorority GirlOct 24, 2016 9:42:59 AM

This years recruits are beautiful, and smart and this sorority will end up at the top.

By: Old Sorority Girl
by: Old Sorority GirlOct 24, 2016 9:45:06 AM

This years recruits are beautiful, and smart and this sorority will end up at the top.

By: Old Sorority Girl
#4  by: Ummmm   

I'm a new tri delt and everybody is just as sweet and nice and encouraging to me as they were during rush! You have no ideas what your are talking about. Get to know us! I'm sure you will love my sisters as much as I do!!!!! So blessed to be a lucky tri delta!

By: Ummmm
#5  by: Lol   

OP is obviously a DG

By: Lol
#6  by: Answer   

Tridelts are not pretty

By: Answer
by: What?Feb 28, 2016 9:44:41 AM

I know tons of truly beautiful tri delts. Most of them are.

As are most of the girls in every sorority.

Ole miss is known for its beautiful women.

By: What?
by: ^Feb 28, 2016 2:19:23 PM

Ole Miss and Miss in general is known for oversized women in norts. Seriously though, everyone here, especially tridelts have an unhealthly relationship with food... Looking at their photos you would never expect tridelt to be a top tier sorority, you can really tell it's their alum who choose the girls.

By: ^
by: Oh yeah!Feb 28, 2016 6:41:34 PM

I LOVE pick-on-tri delt -day! It's my favorite day of the week!

By: Oh yeah!
by: AndFeb 29, 2016 7:22:39 AM

They aren't "rich"by any real world standard either.....

By: And
by: Straight off websiteApr 12, 2016 9:44:36 AM

We live in a society where women have access to so many opportunities for education, empowerment, leadership and success. Yet, in the pursuit of happiness, women of all ages can feel pressured to achieve a certain standard of female beauty. In 2012, Tri Delta launched BodyImage3D®, a multi-dimensional approach to body image awareness and education. This initiative encourages a more well-rounded, in-depth body image by focusing on three key components: healthy mind, healthy body and healthy spirit.

Nobody said you have to be perfect to belong to a great sorority.

By: Straight off website
#7  by: stef831   

Seriously what's with all the theta bashing??? Have any of you really gotten the chance to meet any of these girls. They are very active on campus and just because they don't necessarily fit the mold you all have set, does not in any way mean they are a low tier. Think what you may, but I can tell you first hand they are a awesome group, heavily involved in community service and really don't care what other people say. A sorority is what you make of it so stop bashing other people as if only serves to make you all weak and pitiful. Where is the panhellic spirit??? We all need to be supportive of everyone and have that spirit of inclusion.

By: stef831
#8  by: hey   

Phi Mu's are awesome.

By: hey
#9  by: YAASS   

This is still super accurate but now you can add A Phi to the mix, it will be interesting to see how they grow as a chapter, they got a lot of great girls this year!!!

By: YAASS
by: HaMay 19, 2016 10:16:26 PM

If by great you mean the rejects of other sororities, then yeah, they got a great pledge class.

Quit pretending to be great! the majority of your first pledge class were released from formal recruitment and/or got cut from the sororities they wanted.

By: Ha
by: WhateverJun 7, 2016 11:01:55 PM

Girls get dropped from sororities for one reason or another all the time. And yes, it is usually a numbers game. But, Rarely do they get dropped entirely from recruitment. Those girls have great big red flags flying all over! Grades are a huge part of it, but this is college. Grades are important!

By: Whatever
#10  by: why   

what do people mean as chi o being semi-hipster?

By: why
by: SemiJun 8, 2016 5:30:20 PM

Semi hipster...half hipster half not. Just semi.

By: Semi
by: HipsterJun 8, 2016 8:55:00 PM

It means that chi o's are the type of girls who go natural, little makeup and natural hair. Kinda like a granola girl.

By: Hipster
by: Don't know Jun 8, 2016 9:52:48 PM

Now I'm really confused. What's a granola girl?

I'm really nervous about coming to Ole Miss. I'm not familiar with the terms; hipster and granola people. I hope I won't be totally lost.

By: Don't know
by: hmJun 8, 2016 10:22:03 PM

i think sometimes hipster comes to mind because they have a very trendy style-- like instagram famous girls that are considered "artsy"

By: hm
by: ChilJun 9, 2016 6:39:54 AM

You will figure it out when you get here. Make your own observations and quit listening to others.

By: Chil

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.