facebook

advantage with recs and letters

by: worried

Does it help you out to have letters of support? Or are recs the only thing really needed? I guess my question is does getting letters of support give you an advantage over someone who may not have them?

Posted By: worried
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: worried   

as an add on to this question- I just am confused on why there are recs and letters and do not know how letters help. If anyone can help explain it would be greatly appreciated!

By: worried
#2  by: Letters   

Recs are needed. Letters of support are nice but are really only for a pnm who already has two recs but is well-known to other women who really want to add their high opinion of her. Unless you or a family member knows a bunch of women with the same letters who all know you personally and are bursting at the seams to help you, don't worry about scouring the earth for letters. Get your recs and move on. And remember that recs and letters just tick off a box; they NEVER EVER get you a bid. Bring your best in-person self and have some confidence.

By: Letters
#3  by: ?????   

Does it help that much? Not really. But it is sort of a thing you just have to do for all of them it is sort of polite. Do not stress if you can’t find a rec for certain chapters it’s not the end of the world. The letters do help them know a little more about you but the ref is only super relevant if are an alumni from that chapter or did something for that chapter nationally. It’s is something they just check to make sure you have one, DOES NOT GARANTE A BID, helpful to have them some chapters care about them more than others.

By: ?????

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.