facebook

mass exodus of cheerleaders ???

by: just curious

anyone know why a good bit of the cheerleaders are not returning??? just wondering!!!

Posted By: just curious
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: just curious   

wait i kinda meant to say like why aren’t they trying out. not like leaving the school or anything

By: just curious
by: like really?May 22, 2019 2:45:12 PM

I bet like we have like plenty of cheerleaders like next year.

By: like really?
#2  by: Me   

No idea. Go ask your daughter, she might know.

By: Me
#3  by: hottytoddy   

Reasons in order:

(1) People are leaving the school. There was a post a month or so ago on here asking why people are transferring out. People that you would never think (i.e. top frat, ole miss legacies (granddad, dad, etc), even a school building named after his granddad yet he transfers) and countless others. Basically, people are realizing Ole Miss is overrated.

(2) Being a college cheerleader isn't a big deal. That stereotype of high school cheerleaders being the most pretty and everyone wants to be them etc., is dying out at the college level. If you ask me, personally the dance team has more prestige than the cheerleaders. And honestly any cheerleader would hang her poms to be instagram famous (as sad as that sounds). Kind of like how the whole "Miss. USA" pageant is dying. Sure in the 60s it was a big deal because women couldn't do much else, but with instagram all that has changed.

(3) Time vs. money thing. There is no professional career in cheerleader (NFL cheerleaders make about $100 a game, it's not a career). Our girls get $500 a semester and it's not the worth the time dedication.

(4) They don't want anything to do with Ole Miss. We were 1-8 in the SEC and our only win was against Arkansas who was playing a 3rd string QB. But that was last year and this year well everyone good left. So basically it's not fun cheering when the stadium is 80% empty by half time because we are down by 20.

By: hottytoddy
by: .........May 21, 2019 12:48:06 AM

Well this was the most pointless string of words and yet it just kept going on and on and on.....

By: .........
by: WowMay 21, 2019 3:42:00 PM

My grandmother marched on Washington in the 60's and was a Freedom Rider. Let me go tell her women couldn't do "much else" in the 60s.

By: Wow
by: TrollMay 24, 2019 7:59:25 AM

1. Some dude leaves and we should care? Ole Miss is exactly what you make of it.
2. You are putting an artificial ceiling on cheerleaders who are also guys, btw. 2019 is awesome, join us here!
3. Personal decision, none of your business.
4. You know, the SEC does have a hand in all this as well. You are no Ole Miss booster nor student so GTHO..

By: Troll
#4  by: Truth    

You seem like a really positive person @ hotty toddy. You should definitely transfer..

By: Truth
#5  by: Wow    

Wow. You mean people actually transfer from a college @ hottytoddy? You are so smart and just know it all don’t you sunshine?

By: Wow
#6  by: whoops   

looks like DG will be on high alert now since they have absolutely nothing else going for em

forecast for next year: even more self posts claiming DG is top tier LOL

By: whoops
by: What?May 21, 2019 9:16:48 PM

Who mentioned DG?

By: What?
#7  by: I know   

This one I happen to know the answer too! The coach is horrible and everyone hates her. They had a large group leave last year and another large group leave this year. Pretty much everyone can only tolerate her for a year. It’s kind of sad because they were one of our only athletic groups to bring in national championships.

By: I know
by: herp derpMay 23, 2019 5:06:57 PM

cheerleading has like 15 national championships, so it doesn't say much lol.

who's the coach isn't she some what famous and in a tv show

By: herp derp
#8  by: Huh?   

What does this post have to do with anything?

By: Huh?
#9  by: Huh?   

What does this post have to do with anything?

By: Huh?
#10  by: Am I suppose to care?   

Somehow I will still sleepy tonight

By: Am I suppose to care?

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.