facebook

sorority costs

by: PNM

How much does it cost to be in a sorority? For real cost?

I saw the Ole Miss averages on the web, but I need to know the for real costs since I'll be paying myself. Thanks!

Posted By: PNM
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Mom    

my daughter’s cost $4000 but when she went to Greek meal plan spring semester that effectively saved a $1000 so I’d consider cost to be $3000.

HTH

By: Mom
by: pnmApr 17, 2018 12:55:29 PM

Is that $4k a semester or a year? Thanks

By: pnm
#2  by: ...   

It'll cost you tons of money, your virginity and your soul. But look at all the socials you can go to!

By: ...
#3  by: yikes   

They'll tell you the cost of dues for each one during rounds but add some to that for tshirts, big/little, formal dresses, fines, etc.

By: yikes
#4  by: Truth   

It costs a ton!

By: Truth
#5  by: $$$$$$   

$4000-5000/year dues and meals

By: $$$$$$
by: duesApr 19, 2018 8:00:02 AM

$6000 a year

By: dues
#6  by: on avg   

about 4500 year. seems like a lot but it's a small price to pay for friends :))

By: on avg
by: DrewSep 11, 2020 10:07:15 AM

A a social network that will help you get jobs for life!!!!!

By: Drew
#7  by: 5 Grand   

It will cost you at the VERY LEAST 5,000 a year and that's with a lower priced house getting all the goods or a higher priced house cutting back. DO NOT budget less than 5,000 a year or you'll be shocked and sad when dues roll around or when you want to get some dumb shirt or something.

By: 5 Grand
#8  by: hello   

Dues are around $1600-$2700 per semester depending on the house. That usually includes food and activities. You should definitely plan to spend more on them though for things like big/little, clothing for socials and recruitment purposes, new member fees, etc. Some houses may be a bit more expensive than this now, especially with big renovations, but as of a few years ago, this is what it costed.

The house I was in was $1600 a semester, plus a $500 new member fee the first semester. We were one of the cheaper houses though.

By: hello

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.