facebook

@ by accurate

by: Sororities

Seriously, what makes a top house a top house? Is it what other people think? I said this in another post but have addressed it as a new topic because the top houses are not nice to others or even nice to each other. Legit replies only, please.

Posted By: Sororities
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: A real "top" house   

Hi this is my first time visiting this site and I thought I would chime in. I think a top house should have a great brother/sisterhood that helps prepare you for the real world. I feel like a few of the fraternity chapters are just machines here at Ole Miss. They take a giant pledge class, then use them for their dues to throw parties, cut the ones they don't like or watch them drop because of grades. I had a sigma nu senior tell me that he only had 12 senior pledge brothers left in the fraternity out of 240. Shouldn't a fraternity be a lifelong commitment? For sororities I don't even know where to begin... It seems to me there is just a lot of cattiness that goes on between who is closer to being perfect. Somewhere down the line being a human-being becomes not enough for a lot of these girls and their time in sorority related activities make themselves obsess over their image. I just hope the class of 2017 rushees join a greek organization in order to better their future. Not come to Ole Miss to party and then have to leave because of grades lor hate the organization they joined because of grades.

By: A real "top" house
by: ^^^Feb 22, 2013 6:10:28 PM

Agree with the above. Your statement about the sorority girls especially rings true. I don't think any Ole Miss girl in a sorority remains unscathed. Good observation there about how being a human-being is actually becomes not enough for them. Sad, really.

By: ^^^

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.