facebook

dropped bc of gpa?

by: done

had a full 9 for 9 party, preffed reasonable houses, and got 0 back.... Is it possible due to my low (3.0) gpa? I had good connections and conversations at all the houses I felt..

Posted By: done
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: ...   

No one can tell you. No one knows for sure. However, gpa cuts are usually made after the first round. 3.0 may be borderline but it's not technically low. Also, you may have made good connections, but clearly more girls made better connections. Maybe you just missed the cut off. Maybe you were next on the list. If it was for your grades, you can always improve your gpa and try again next year. Except then you'll be a sophomore and then you'll wonder if you were cut because of your year in school. Bottom line: None of us know. No one can tell you. And even if we could, would it matter? Dust yourself off and move on. I'm sorry you didn't get the outcome you had hoped for. I truly am sorry. But knowing why you were cut won't make a difference.

By: ...
#2  by: PNM    

I doubt it. I had a 2.8 and had 2 chapters for pref round. I don't think you get too many grade cuts after 22 but I may be wrong.

By: PNM
#3  by: Honestly   

it is so easy to slip through the cracks in IU's recruitment system.

By: Honestly
#4  by: It's Possible   

but unlikely it happened at all the chapters. Sometimes grades can be used in later rounds if you're having a difficult time cutting down to the number you need to get to. The odds of that happening at all nine are very low. Sadly, those nine chapters scored you lower than the other PNMs they ended up asking back. It happens a lot because there isn't room for everyone who wants to join a sorority. Welcome to IU.

By: It's Possible

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.