facebook

legacy

by: Life is Good

A bit of advice needed. If one's daughter is a Legacy... and likes that house.. but also likes a second house... does she play it safe and rank Legacy House #1? Especially if house is interested in her? Had no idea IU was SO competitive

Posted By: Life is Good
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: beentheredonethat   

Many sororities cut hard at the last round, because a lot of them have rules that if you bring a girl to the end and she's a legacy she's guaranteed a bid. That said, check your Legacy policy and go from there.

By: beentheredonethat
#2  by: H   

Not if you like your second choice better... If you put ABC as first and they cut you, then you can still always get a bid at your legacy house even if you rank it as second. You have to trust your gut and know where you'd be the most comfortable at!

By: H
#3  by: Girl   

You really went from Greekchat to Greekrank, wow desperate mom much?

By: Girl
by: lollllllJan 14, 2015 4:50:15 PM

high five

By: lollllll
by: errJan 14, 2015 5:37:17 PM

wouldn't knowing that mean you were on greekchat and greekrank as well?

By: err
#4  by: p3   

Honestly, I think it depends on which house your daughter is a legacy at. They all have different rules. Some will keep her if she is invited to 3 party, some are not obligated to. To be safe, I would advise her to keep the legacy house in the top three somewhere to increase her odds of a bid.

By: p3
#5  by: Hello   

Your daughter could still get cut from her legacy house. How do you know that the house is interested in your daughter? Just because she is a legacy does not mean she will fit with the chapter that she is rushing. Most sororities have to invite the legacy to at least one party as a courtesy but after that they can cut. My sorority has that rule. There is no obligation to give a legacy a bid. It is stated on our national web site.

By: Hello
#6  by: haha   

I don't think this is a mother posting. This is probably a scared person going through recruitment. Your legacy is probably going to cut you. This much doubt almost insures this...

By: haha
by: nopeJan 15, 2015 2:37:14 PM

No this is a mother who posted the exact same thing on greekchat.

By: nope
#7  by: Legacy too   

Man legacies don't get bids because there are SOOO many girls who are legacies, chapters could fill their entire pledge classes with just the legacies and have no choice of who would be a good match outside of the legacies. Check your house's legacy policy before advising your daughter. No guarantees at IU.

By: Legacy too
#8  by: info   

So morbidly curious to know whether or not the daughter got asked back to her legacy house or the house that she liked more, or any at all...

By: info

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.