facebook

why such high gpas???????

by: wtf

The panhel minimum is 2.8, but sororities like tri delt, theta, ZTA and AOII are making their minimum 3.0 for freshmen

Posted By: wtf
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Because   

Because they want women who are intelligent?

By: Because
by: ~~~W~~~Jan 3, 2015 7:43:00 PM

And to maintain our high GPAs. You couldn't break a 3.0 (which really isn't too hard if you study) without being in a sorority, which is very time consuming in your first semester. chances are your grades will get worse.

By: ~~~W~~~
#2  by: lolz   

because they have standards...

By: lolz
#3  by: @wtf   

How do you even know which sororities have what GPA requirment?

By: @wtf
by: OPJan 3, 2015 9:47:14 PM

have a list of the GPA requirements for each sorority

By: OP
by: @opJan 3, 2015 9:49:32 PM

I thought they didn't tell us that until orientation.

By: @op
by: PnmJan 3, 2015 9:51:40 PM

I don't think 3.0 is too high, If it was a 3.5 then I would be worried.

By: Pnm
#4  by: X   

A 3.0 isn't high at all. Really, you whiny freshmen are ridiculous.

By: X
#5  by: seriously   

I've heard Purdue, Butler, and other Big 10 schools have GPA requirements for most of their houses at 3.2 and even 3.5 so stop complaining, IU has really low GPA requirements in comparison.

By: seriously
by: NoJan 3, 2015 11:19:25 PM

Those schools Rush in the fall so those are high school GPA requirements. If you can't get that in high school then that makes sense since college is harder. But most schools with deferred recruitment have the same or lower GPA standard as us.

By: No
by: Girl Jan 3, 2015 11:34:52 PM

Comparing apples and oranges. Most girls that get into those schools have a 3.2-3.5 high school Gpa anyway. Hell most kids that get into IU have that. Bama which is pretty competitive has a Gpa requirement for college around the same as us.

By: Girl
by: wah wah wahJan 3, 2015 11:50:18 PM

If you couldn't get a 3.0 your first semester, you belong in the library not a sorority.

By: wah wah wah
by: @youJan 4, 2015 1:08:01 AM

That's the first post I made, but maybe I SHOULD go post on others. All I see is whining. You're obviously one of those low GPA whiners. Boo hoo hoo.

By: @you
#6  by: top   

My house takes exceptions to it, but it's rare. You better wow us.

By: top
#7  by: Sophomore   

If you are worried about getting cut for your grades why don't you work on your grades and go through rush next year?

By: Sophomore
#8  by: ha   

ok so if I got a 2.9 and I'll be dropped from all the sororities I like then I should probably just drop out now right?

By: ha
by: HiJan 4, 2015 2:24:31 PM

Probably, you can bring up your grades and rush as a sophomore next year!

By: Hi

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.