facebook

rushing as a sophomore

by: Pnm

So, I'm rushing as a sophomore, but I will be staying at IU for 5 years (I'll be a super senior). I always see posts from sororities that say "our juniors had fun at dinner" or "our sophomores... Etc" what will I be referred to if i make it in a house? Since most of the pledge class will be freshmen, will I associate myself with them? Or will I associate myself with the sophomores that were already initiated last year?

Posted By: Pnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: 4444   

If academically you are a freshman, just say you are a freshmen instead of saying you are a sophomore transfer student. You'll have better chances that way. Sororities rarely give bids to sophomores unless you know the right people in a chapter.

By: 4444
#2  by: ok   

you'll be fine

By: ok
#3  by: Op   

But I'm not a transfer student... I just changed my major too many times and will have to stay an extra year so I feel like I'll be lying if I say I'm a freshman because people know I'm a sophomore. Should I just say I'm a sophomore age wise but a freshman academically?

By: Op
by: KDec 31, 2014 2:17:24 PM

Just be honest. You'll be in the freshman PC and you can hang out/associate yourself with whoever you want but you'll probably spend most of your time with your PC. If it comes up tell them you're a sophomore but will be staying. Better to be honest than lie.

By: K
#4  by: ...   

Quit worrying about this stupid ish. Worry about whether you'll get a bid.

By: ...
#5  by: yo   

Definitely don't lie and say you're a freshman! If you get a bid you will be hanging out with the freshmen, though. Regardless of your academic status it's based on when you are recruited and initiated.

By: yo

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.