facebook

record breaking

by: 123

Did 2100 girls seriously sign up for recruitment this year?? Won't OVER half of them have to be cut?

Posted By: 123
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: anon   

It always happens a good number will be cut for grades and then some will drop out after top houses cut them

By: anon
#2  by: Always   

Every year more girls get "cut" due to not making grades than for any other reason. Don't let that number scare you.

By: Always
#3  by: um   

its difficult to get into a house at this school. a ton of people do not end up in a house. sad but true

By: um
#4  by: it's time   

This whole ordeal could be ended if Indiana University decided to end bed rush. We are the only school in the nation using it, and please don't tell me we are the best Greek system in the country. I am sure Alabama, Missouri and Arkansas will disagree. It's time to get on board ladies. Let's stop being the laughingstock of the Greek world.

By: it's time
by: ^Nov 10, 2014 11:14:37 AM

didn't get a bid

By: ^
by: It's embarrassingNov 10, 2014 11:41:51 AM

Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina and Tennesse, arguably the top greek systems in the country, regularly have over 2000 girls rush and don't have the same issues we have. It needs to change

By: It's embarrassing
by: ^Nov 10, 2014 3:12:35 PM

didn't get a bid

by: 4444Dec 29, 2014 10:09:46 PM

Everyone would benefit more if only the sophomore class was required to live in the close. Thats how most southern schools do it.

By: 4444
#5  by: from it's time   

Yep..sure did get a bid! But I have friends who didn't and it didn't have to end that way. We are IU, we can do better. And why do people on here always assume one didn't get a bid when they post something critical of the Greek system. I am a member and while I love being Greek, it's not perfect and has room for improvement.

By: from it's time
#6  by: It's TIme   

Yes, it's time to make some changes in the rush process. Our current process is outdated and needs to be brought to a new level.

By: It's TIme
#7  by: New changes    

I think it's dumb that girls only get bids for how many beds are in the house. I think girls should get the option to live in a house with 100 other girls or they can live in an apt or other place. I know a lot of girls who say they would rather live in an apt or than in the sorority anyway. UK does it that way and a lot of my friends say that they love it like that.

By: New changes
by: it is changed.Nov 13, 2014 4:45:15 PM

most sororities have to hand out 50 bids this year. it has changed. IU is doing its best but you can't change it drastically in just a year, especially in such an exclusive Greek system

By: it is changed.
by: ^Dec 31, 2014 10:13:49 PM

That's not true. No one has to do anything. The weaker houses may though and the stronger ones will stay most selective.

#8  by: no.   

the majority cut won't get a bid because of grades still. They know the GPA required, yet at least 300 women still sign up to go through recruitment even though they don't meet the requirement. Then after that around 100 will drop before the third day of rounds.

By: no.
#9  by: Bed rush   

Our Greek system is unique and amazing for having bed rush. If you talk to people from other schools they don't even know half the girls in their pledge class because it's so big. At IU sophomores in a house are close with even seniors because they all live in together. That's what makes IU Greek system so close knit. Sucks that not everyone can get a house because of it but it's not the end of the world and I'm sure they're doing just fine without being in a sorority

By: Bed rush
#10  by: kitty   

You can either know all your sisters like we do now or you can see someone walking across campus in your letters and have zero clue what her name is let alone anything about her. Up to you.

By: kitty

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.