facebook

snapbid explanation?

by: PNM

What's a snap bid? How does it work? Where could I possibly get one from and when? I'm considering trying to get one but i know nothing about them

Posted By: PNM
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: PAN   

It’s a bid offered by chapters that don’t make quota to PNMs who do not sign an MRABA but went through recruitment. It’s given out after pref but before bid day so no one other than the PNM, their rho gam/panhel, and the chapter’s recruitment team know your bid is a snap bid.

Any bid after bid day is COB. All are binding for one year.

By: PAN
by: UhJan 19, 2020 10:04:35 AM

Should also add they are very rare, maybe 1-2 will be given out to a house and most likely the girls getting snapped already know because they have connections into that particular house.

By: Uh
#2  by: former recruitment chair   

A snap bid is a bid offered by PANHELLENIC on behalf of a chapter after bid matching has occurred and before Bid Night. Snaps are only offered if a chapter does not make quota. They can offer snap bids up to quota. For example if quota ends up being 60 and house XYZ matches with 57 women, they can offer three snap bids. They give their list of women they would like to offer bids to and Panhel calls the women in order until they get three acceptances.

It has not been done this way in the past, but will be done this way this year.

Sometimes a chapter doesn't even know a woman has been given a snap bid, she appears at Bid Night. Chapter members may think she was at a preference party and they just didn't see her. Her pledge sisters will assume she was at another party, too. This is not something either party usually advertises.

Yes, 3 or 4 chapters offer them on an average year, and it's chapters from all tiers.

These are so very rare, do not get your hopes up or drop out of recruitment hoping to get one. Your best chance is to finish the recruitment process and if you are not comfortable in your pref houses, then do not rank. Drop out.

By: former recruitment chair
by: OkJan 19, 2020 1:19:03 PM

Thanks for this. It helps

By: Ok

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.