facebook

you don’t have to go greek at iu

by: ObserverAF

To all incoming freshman looking at this site believing they have to go Greek at IU to have a good time.... don’t buy into it!!! The majority of the campus is not involved in Greek life and everyone still has a lot of fun. Yes, Greek life parties can be really fun, and it’s one way to make fast friends your freshman year. But it is not the only way to enjoy life at IU and have a great 4 years.

For guys: yes, your freshman year it will be more difficult to party if you’re not in a frat or don’t know any upper classmen. That will change sophomore year though when everyone has their own houses/apartments.

For girls: believe me, as someone who was not in a sorority you can still go to most of the frat parties. Not proud of it, but I spent my sophomore year going to frat parties every weekend and a lot of week nights. If you are a girl, you can go to frat parties regardless of if you’re in a sorority. It seemed actually MORE difficult to get into frat parties if you’re in a “low ranked” sorority than if you’re an attractive geed.

Go Greek if you want, but if a lot of the things about Greek life turn you off like they did me, know it’s not the only way.

Posted By: ObserverAF
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Woah   

Thanks captain obvious that was really enlightening

By: Woah
#2  by: Lol   

Geeeeeed

By: Lol
#3  by: L   

Yea it’s true if you’re a hot geed u can get into frat parties as long as you have connections, but if you’re a guy, life at IU gonna be boring if u not Greek. House parties around campus SUCK, hard to find good ones Other than sport houses. And again, only way u getting into sport houses is if ur a girl and you’re hot.

By: L

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.