facebook

@ ifc

by: fraternal

McRobbie wants to see the system burn. Let’s break university ties so we don’t all have to become geeds, this websites already got enough creepin around.

Posted By: fraternal
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: One Time    

Snitches get stitches

By: One Time
#2  by: Facts   

Boulder ifc has been independent from University of colorodo boulder for a while. Boulder tried to get the fraternities to come back but ifc ain’t having it. The school added four chapters that are affiliated with the school to try to re establish the school’s legitimacy in governing Greek life but the IFC won’t rejoin and those four chapters aren’t recognzied by the IFC. IU could do something like that but idk all the legal matters involved.

By: Facts
#3  by: Flounder   

You want to make a statement. Boycott Little 5. 2/3rds of the teams are GLO. Wouldn't be a very good race with only 10-11 teams and 1/2 empty stands.

By: Flounder
by: yeMar 8, 2019 10:58:52 AM

That will be the easiest, but it would be unfair for bikers, I would argue there are still better ways to show the school that Greek life deserve some proper treatments without ruining for everyone else

By: ye
#4  by: Zebulawn    

You’re taking a bad situation & making it worse. Rather than vilify McRobbie, work with him to reach a common ground of some kind. Boycotting Little 5 won’t do much good & kills the vibe for everybody who’s going to participate.

By: Zebulawn
by: FlounderMar 15, 2019 4:33:45 PM

Baloney. Boycott of Little 5 will bring them to their knees. It's been around longer than all the current administrators combined. It raises big dollars and publicity for the university. Heck there's even a movie about it that still plays today. There is strength in numbers.

Sure it's "unfair" to riders, but not more unfair than training all year then having your house kicked off so you can't participate anyway. Don't ask how I know.

By: Flounder
by: I wishMar 15, 2019 9:32:01 PM

Mcrobbie is unwilling to work with us. The conduct process is unfair and the university has publicly been against Greek life.

By: I wish
by: ^Mar 15, 2019 9:51:30 PM

The people arguing against this either work for IU or are just geeds and don’t understand the issues with Mcrobbie and Greek life. Houses aren’t even given a chance to survive at this point. They are SEARCHING for reasons to kick off houses. It’s ridiculous. Do you really believe that every single fraternity AND sorority at our school is bad enough to be kicked off? Think about it. Almost EVERY SINGLE CHAPTER has been in trouble. We can’t all be so horrible to be kicked off that’s absurd to think about... it’s clear IU doesn’t want Greek life

By: ^
by: Zebulawn Mar 17, 2019 11:40:52 AM

I wish,

McRobbie better be willing with the IU Greeks in some way or another. If not, Greek Life at IU will be nonexistent a few years down the line.

But IU Greeks also need to realize that they share a responsibility in how (as well as why) the Greek system at IU is in such a precarious spot. If your orgs got in trouble for lack of accountability/transparency as well as hazing & other illegal behaviors, you need to own up & stop blaming administration for your fups. If you want to be taken seriously by IU, get serious & do your part & get serious. Your whole Greek system is at stake.

By: Zebulawn
by: ^@zebulawnMar 17, 2019 6:09:20 PM

You can say we need to own up to it all we want but this university has a plan to stop letting houses host events and will continue to restrict them. Does that sound like someone who is willing to work with us? They are trying to get rid of us. We need to disaffiliate.

By: ^@zebulawn

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.