facebook

why is geed an insult

by: wut

why is “geed” an insult that is always thrown around. does greek life really look down on independents that much?

Posted By: wut
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Not   

Geed

By: Not
#2  by: yuh   

Yes why is this even a question?

By: yuh
#3  by: Uh   

Really only the 2% of narcissistic Greeks that spend every minute worrying about if they are Top really look down on the GEED's. The rest of us pretty much just look at you as another student, with some exceptions.

There is a difference being Greek because there is a lot more scrutiny placed on us everywhere we go, especially if we have any letters on. A GEED doesn't have that same concern. I have to watch everything I do and say.

If it looks like Greeks only associate with other Greeks, well there is some truth to that because we all understand the rules we are monitored by plus we just see each other a lot more through different events and activities.

I have friends that are not Greek and just because I am doesn't mean I don't hang out with them or treat them differently.

By: Uh
by: Guess whatFeb 27, 2019 1:22:45 PM

A majority of non-Greeks are looking right back at you as just another student, too. Greeks and non-Greeks with self-esteem, pride and maturity will conduct themselves appropriately regardless of who is or isn't watching. "Rules you are monitored by?" Maybe in your skewed view of things. By the way, I'm Greek, too.

By: Guess what
#4  by: Truth   

GEED evolved from the older version GDI which stood for "God Damn Independent". Those that proclaimed themselves as GDIs did so in disdain of the Greek community. There are Greek allies and then there are GEEDS. If you are the type of person who shares an attitude of condemning our Greek lifestyle without really knowing anything about it, you are a GEED and we don't have time for you. If you are simply an independent who opted not to pledge but live by the motto of live and let live, you are not a GEED. Unfortunately, the Greek community is criticized more often than we are given credit for the positive things we do. Having to defend ourselves to GEEDS is something we have little patience for.

By: Truth

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.