facebook

should i rush alpha sig?

by: PNM

I'm currently only thinking about rushing alpha sig or phi psi just because they're unhoused and its easier to get into. The house next year will probably bring them to sig ep's level. But idk if I should only spend time at these two houses because what if they turned out like beta sig did after they moved in? Thoughts?

Posted By: PNM
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Trust the process   

You really need to visit the houses and meet the brothers.. There should be events at all the houses that are taking pledges this spring coming up in the next week or so. Don’t just join based on tiers from Greek rank. It honestly Doesn’t matter what the pairs are like if you don’t get along with the brothers in the house.

By: Trust the process
by: opJan 20, 2019 12:59:37 PM

I rushed last semester and the reason I didn't get a bid is because I think I spent too little time at houses, I tried to visit all the houses and find which ones I like. So this semester i'm just going to go for 1-3 houses. Tbh I just want to be in a fraternity for the parties.

By: op
by: @opJan 21, 2019 10:38:06 AM

If thats the reason you're joining a fraternity you won't survive well during pledgeships

By: @op
#2  by: .   

they will not skyrocket with a house thats not how it works.

By: .
by: opJan 20, 2019 1:09:34 PM

So what exactly should I look for when meeting the brothers to know if they are risers or staying at the bottom like beta sig?

By: op
by: SjennfJan 20, 2019 1:21:32 PM

Ask if they social a lot, who the girls they see are or they aren’t parties

By: Sjennf
by: @opJan 20, 2019 2:56:22 PM

im assuming you are a freshman, then you must have a couple of hot freshman girls in mind.. Ask the most recent pledge classes if they know those girls. If you want go more in depth, stalk the instagrams of the brothers you think are cool. Fraternity rankings are typically on how much girls enjoy having parties at that certain fraternity house.

By: @op
by: not that oneJan 20, 2019 5:56:55 PM

^^^ thats bad advice, so superficial

By: not that one
#3  by: Yes   

Alpha sig ftw

By: Yes
#4  by: truth   

Not sure what you expect to happen when frats get a house... Beta Sig went from no one knowing who they were to bottom/low middle, which is pretty typical. Getting a house isn't going to make Alpha Sig or Phi Psi top tier over night. I'd rush all 3 and see who you like

By: truth
by: skymallJan 20, 2019 6:53:11 PM

But beta sig is beta sig...

By: skymall
#5  by: Reminder   

Easy houses have nothing to do with ranking. Every fraternity has a quota, and if everyone thinks like you and rushing them cause they're on a come up it will be statistically harder to get a bid because you're competing with more people. Sometimes pikapps could be easier than sae just cause lots of kids don't think they're good enough for pikapps and they don't rush them.

By: Reminder
#6  by: ??   

What makes a fraternity, the house or the brothers? them getting a house is irrelevant, sammy don't have a house but pairs with top sororities

By: ??
by: NoJan 21, 2019 10:34:32 PM

Getting a house, especially on jordan, attracts better pledges because living in a fraternity house is one of greek life's experience. With better pledges comes better fraternities.

By: No
#7  by: 2nd   

For not knowing anyone/anything about alpha sig, what’s their rap sheet?

By: 2nd
by: thats about itJan 21, 2019 1:38:10 AM

Not much, but I saw pretty cool guys repping their letters. Plus I heard they're pairing very well for an unhoused

By: thats about it
by: eJan 21, 2019 12:47:09 PM

Pretty much nothing currently as they're just getting a house

By: e
#8  by: Which one?   

Which one has a more solid brotherhood, alpha sig or phi psi?

By: Which one?

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.