facebook

legacy

by: pnm

How far does being a legacy usually get you? I’m wondering if a chapter invited me back only because I’m a legacy.

Posted By: pnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: hmm   

Each chapter has their own rules about when a legacy has to be cut if they're going to be cut.

By: hmm
#2  by: They did   

LEGACIES PLEASE READ THIS no it is not impossible for your legacy house to want you but I know a few people who had 5-7+ legacies and had full invites until pref when they didn't get back a single house they wanted. This is because most houses have the policy that if a legacy is invited to pref then they must be given a bid. Many houses also have the policy that legacies must be invited up until sisterhood round (for others its philanthropy just google XYZ legacy policy to get the specifics) this causes women to be strung along by their legacy houses because the house isn't allowed to drop them. I'm not saying don't like your legacy house bc they probably don't like you but what I am saying is try not to get too attached especially if you're getting vibes that you're just a legacy invite

By: They did
#3  by: Polly   

Do not expect being a legacy to get you a bid. For the chapters that are strong nationally, some of these houses have 70-80 legacies every year. They couldn't take them all even if they wanted to. Each sorority has rules about legacies at least getting past first round. Thereafter, if they don't think they want you, they will probably cut you after this weekend. They can't invite you to prefs and drop you then. So, the cut would come between 16 and 9 party, or at the latest after 9. If you make it to pref, you are likely golden.

By: Polly
#4  by: This is good advice   

Assume legacy gets you nothing. Don’t let yourself
get strung along simply by your own mistaken belief. That would be a tragic mistake.

By: This is good advice
#5  by: Not far   

Being a legacy at any chapter will get you invited back for philanthropy round. Some have a national policy that they have to keep you until sisterhood round. I’d tou are a legacy and make it to pref they do have to give you a bid. In general being a legacy doesn’t get you far nor guarantees you a bid as if a chapter has more legacies than the quota they are able to cut any legacy. A chapter that is present on a lot of campuses could have over 80 legacies and only offer four of them a bid. I really wouldn’t bank on it.

By: Not far
#6  by: No   

Not all sororities have to place a legacy on the first bid list. Those that don't usually have to put the legacy at the top of the second list.

By: No

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.