facebook

gpa cuts

by: q

my gpa is lower than what i’m told a lot of houses will take, but i got several top houses that I really liked back that I thought would have cut me. Are gpa cuts the next round or am i done having to worry about that? also i’m a sophomore and don’t have a 3.0

Posted By: q
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: hello   

GPA cuts are made the first two rounds. TBH I really would not get my hopes up with any house if you're a sophomore w under a 3.0. Do your best to keep an open mind for next round and remember cuts aren't personal 99% of the time!!

By: hello
by: qJan 5, 2019 10:34:38 AM

thank you for the info and being nice about it!

By: q
#2  by: GPA   

Take a look at which chapters have the lowest GPA. Of 22 chapters, these fall in last place:

17. ZTA
18. A Phi
19. Pi Phi
20 Kappa
21 DPhiE
22 Chi O

These are the chapters that DO NOT care about GPA. For all but DPhiE these ladies are out partying just about EVERY night. They aren't the kind of chapters that really care as long as you make the Panhel minimum. If these are the houses that you are talking about, I would not worry too much about your GPA. The houses that are considered "academic and involvement" focused houses would have (and probably did) cut you already.

By: GPA
by: GPAJan 5, 2019 1:50:39 PM

Yes these are houses low this semester. History shows this can change every year. I disagree that grades are not important to each of the above chapters.

By: GPA
by: ^^^Jan 6, 2019 2:23:42 PM

No one said these chapters don't require a 2.8. The OP said she doesn't have a 3.0. She obviously has at least a 2.8 (or waiver) to even be registered for recruitment. Many of the chapters that are stronger academically internally set a 3.0+ requirement and therefore may have already cut her. She is surprised that with between a 2.8 and 3.0 she was invited back to some chapters but cut by others.

By: ^^^

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.