facebook

spring rush or wait until fall?

by: Spartan

I'm a freshman interested in joining a sorority but the only ones doing spring rush are SDT and AOPi. I know those are the two lowest tier houses but unless I want to try rushing as a sophomore I don't have any other options. Is being in a low tier house really that bad? SDT seems like a really nice group of girls, just not that hot party girl stereotype that most sororities seem to try so hard to be. Some other people's opinions would really be helpful right now because I am completely lost as far as what I should do.

Posted By: Spartan
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Wait   

Wait til you're a sophomore. Almost every house takes sophomores. It'll be a way better experience

By: Wait
#2  by: Yah   

I would wait until fall to keep your options open! Not that those aren't two great houses, but you should get to experience them all so that you can find which house fits you best. I wouldn't think top tier bottom tier. Being a sophomore isn't a negative at all, some of my best friends waited until sophomore year to rush and had wonderful experiences. Spring is much more chill but fall is really where the fun is, and you make a lot of girlfriends just through the rush experience as a whole. I have lots of friends in other houses because we went from house to house together.

By: Yah
#3  by: y   

Wait until fall, yeah some houses will cut you because you're a sophomore but you'll definitely have a few more options. Who knows you might even end up in SDT or AOPI anyways

By: y
#4  by: Hiiiiii   

I have a few friends in SDT and they love it. The girls are down to earth and fun. They have a good reputation and are well liked amongst sororities and frats. It's hard to go through rush as a sophomore. Try it and if it's not right, drop and try next semester?! Good luck with whatever you chose

By: Hiiiiii
#5  by: hi   

don't pick a sorority based on their rank because you join for your friendships with the girls not the label, if you like sdt then do it

By: hi

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.