facebook

msu/mich

by: stop

Can we stop with all of this hostility. Michigan is known as a more prestigious academic school and I acknowledge and respect that. With that being said, it is naive to think that you cannot be just as successful graduating from MSU. I personally got into Michigan and decided not to go there and am happy with my decision. I have plenty of friends that go to U Mich and we have mutual respect. At the end of the day we play each other in sports and are rivals but there is no need to take stabs at one another.

Posted By: stop
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: yes   

finally this post has happened

By: yes
by: Yes yes yesAug 3, 2014 10:08:15 PM

Both places have greatness and quirks. And that was discussed ad nausea with the previous post but let this be said.
I know both institutions well.
Don't sweat the small stuff post graduation with companies choosing one graduate over or another.
There is no "deselect" button if your resume has State on it or " select" if it has Michigan.
Where you are valued the most is if you are a well round, adjusted, goal oriented individual with a elevated moral compass that can speak well, are interesting and can engage in various work related relationships with many different people.

The work world is not as crass or black and white as was described in that post. It has many people In it that are not super intelligent but are super efficient and at that level of your work life\career, no one cares what ur ACT score is or if your PARENTS home is worth $$. That's all worthless rubbish then.

They only care what u can do. They don't care about all the college stats. You can be a genius with not an ounce of personality or just average with sparkling personal attributes that soar above all others.
You will see.

By: Yes yes yes
by: enoughAug 3, 2014 10:22:15 PM

the greatness of MSU begins and ends with vet program and nuclear physics.

- Your main thoroughfare grand river has bombed out vacant buildings on it.
- campus beauty is subjective and I acknowledge State's campus is solid but your architecture doesn't touch UMich. I'd give campus beauty a push
- your old dorms are so grimy, ours look better from the outside AND have all been remodeled
- UM food options >>>>>
- University/mott hospital >>>>> sparrow
- big house >>>> spartan stadium (dig the remodel though)
- breslin = crisler
- Ross >>>>>>>>>>> broad, both overall and facility
ann arbor as a city >>>> lansing/el/okemos

it's really not a contest.

By: enough
#2  by: A for effort   

1) "Michigan is known as a more prestigious academic school and I acknowledge and respect that." Good start

2) "With that being said, it is naive to think that you cannot be just as successful graduating from MSU." I suggest you reread #1. You are who you are. Garbage in, garbage out. Only in your sheltered middle class bubble is going to State acceptable or an accomplishment. To the rest of the nation State is a commode for dummies. Dead serious

3) "I personally got into Michigan and decided not to go there and am happy with my decision." Yeah and my dad said he'd buy me a G Wagon Mercedes but I said no thanks dad, I'd prefer a Dodge Dart. Unless you're CVM (or in grad school for nuclear physics) you were either rejected from UMich or knew you wouldn't get in with your 24 ACT so you didn't waste the app fee

4) "I have plenty of friends that go to U Mich and we have mutual respect." After college you won't even talk to them anymore. You see, you think you're peers or 'friends' now but after college the differences will be more apparent. Trajectory differences SO stark

oh and thanks for using proper grammar. i bet you do the same via text because you think it makes you look smart. if only you put that much effort into studying for the ACT.... oooh

By: A for effort
by: @@A for EffortAug 4, 2014 12:35:16 PM

I agree with @lol. I'm actually a girl, so I've been to some of the top tier frat parties at msu, and every single one of them was lame. Just a bunch of people having aggressive conversations. No funnels, barely any dancing, lame top 40 hits of 2012 music, no drinking games except pong, try-hard "fratstars" etc.

By: @@A for Effort
#3  by: Overkill.    

Just STOP. The debate is now.... a boring bunch of blubber.

By: Overkill.
by: AccurateAug 4, 2014 6:27:05 PM

Especially since the writing style of the person that keeps it going is the same with different nicknames. Truly needs school to start and sharpen the writing skills a bit.

By: Accurate

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.