facebook

sophomores

by: Msu

What sororities are most likely to take sophomores?

Posted By: Msu
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: wlc   

Probably SK, KD, AXiD, DG, maybe AXO

By: wlc
by: meJul 18, 2014 12:04:20 PM

Zeta and GPhi probably will as well. Definitely AXiD and DG though.

By: me
by: agreeJul 19, 2014 6:54:53 AM

The majority of these houses are the most genuine and focus more on the pnm and whether she would be a fit within the house and less on superficial things.

By: agree
#2  by: A sophomore   

Is rush more competitive for upperclassmen?

By: A sophomore
by: spartyJul 7, 2014 8:35:04 PM

It's easier if you have a lot of friends in a specific sorority. If you don't have friends in a sorority, it's a lot more competitive. There's a place for everyone though! Just be yourself.

By: sparty
by: loooolJul 8, 2014 9:54:31 PM

Stop trying so hard axo. We all know you wish you were top tier.

By: looool
#3  by: Ummm   

I know of a lot of sororities who over half of their 2013 pledge class are sophomores... So how can it be that much more competitive than for freshmen...?

By: Ummm
by: ibajkwJul 8, 2014 9:27:49 AM

what sororities?

By: ibajkw
by: JJul 8, 2014 9:40:15 AM

Gphi dg kd sk zta... Heard there's a lot in xo and axo too

By: J
by: sophJul 8, 2014 3:44:06 PM

How to do I get a bid from a top tier as a sophomore? Like Phi, xo or theta

By: soph
by: Joker Jul 8, 2014 4:50:34 PM

^^ you're disturbed if you think theta is top tier haha

By: Joker
by: lolJul 9, 2014 2:15:47 PM

^Try harder axo! We all know you really wish you were top tier.

By: lol
#4  by: ..   

probably every house will take sophomores if they fit with the house, maybe some more than others

By: ..
#5  by: depends   

The issue with taking sophomores is that you've had a whole year of college to give yourself a reputation. If one girls heard about it so has the whole house. Also, certain houses already have a rough quota of how many girls from each grade. They don't want 60 girls all graduating together one day because then their totals will go down. It's not impossible but if you don't have friends or have a reputation I wouldn't get your hopes up too high

By: depends
by: UhJul 8, 2014 9:06:25 PM

In a school of nearly 50,000 students I imagine it's somewhat difficult to create a "reputation" for yourself that every sorority house knows of........ That seems ridiculous

By: Uh
by: noJul 8, 2014 9:53:46 PM

I've seen it happen on more than one occasion. The girls who end up rushing as sophomores were at parties with girls in our sorority and frequently made a fool of themselves. Automatic addition to the "no" list.

By: no
#6  by: um    

Is it really that easy for a sophomore pnm to get a reputation in only one year? I agree with uh, there are 50,000 people at this school. I find it hard to believe sorority members know everything about every girl they may see at a party or around campus..

By: um
by: girlJul 8, 2014 11:23:39 PM

Girls who rush as sophomores usually go to greek-attended parties as freshmen. Even just giving a bad impression to a couple of girls can affect the whole chapter.

By: girl
by: yesJul 9, 2014 5:14:36 PM

any time girls attend parties at frats or anywhere with sorority women, a bad impression can last through all of recruitment

By: yes
by: AJul 11, 2014 9:52:25 AM

As long as you aren't too out of control or did anything to draw much attention to yourself you should be fine. It's a big school, people do stupid stuff all the time

By: A
by: uhJul 11, 2014 11:42:41 AM

^It depends on the sorority.

By: uh
by: RJul 11, 2014 12:15:36 PM

Which ones care the most?

By: R
#7  by: me   

Ones that don't care about dropping girls because they have plenty to choose from. I'm sure you can figure it out.

by: meJul 11, 2014 5:29:56 PM

I meant to send this as a reply to @R

#8  by: Ummm   

You are all assuming that every girl who wants to rush has been to frat parties and has acted embarrassing... Some girls haven't been to a single frat party and simply wanna rush as sophomores because they're interested in sisterhood, making new friends, and being part of a house. Maybe they weren't ready as freshmen or somehow couldn't, but now want to. What's so wrong with that?

By: Ummm
by: ChillJul 15, 2014 8:54:19 AM

There's nothing wrong with that. A girl who fits the description you described would be fine rushing as a sophomore. Usually girls who rush as sophomores are girls who had friends in sororities or hung out with guys in fraternities and those are the girls who are more likely to get denied a bid

By: Chill
by: YeahhJul 15, 2014 10:51:59 AM

Agreed

By: Yeahh
#9  by: T   

Is it looked down upon to rush as a sophomore? Not all of them are in it for just the parties. Maybe a lot of them didn't know much about Greek life going into college and realized later that they would love to be part of a sisterhood.

By: T
by: herewegoJul 17, 2014 4:59:38 PM

As answered earlier in the thread, it puts you at a disadvantage but we can weed out the fakes from the real. If you're genuine and you fit in with us, you'll be fine.

By: herewego
by: herewegoJul 17, 2014 5:04:49 PM

Also, SO MANY sophomore girls go into rush with the expectation that they will end up in one of the top sororities. That is not only statistically unlikely, but it's so obvious who these girls are and almost guarantees a drop. We already know that sophomores know a lot about the top sororitys, and it makes us question whether girls want to be in our sorority for the right reasons. DO NOT go into rush with a list of sororities that you want.

By: herewego

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.