facebook

why

by: Why

If there’s someone for everyone in every sorority then why did I get dropped by all but one?(I didn’t feel a connection with the one at all, they were nice girls just I didn’t enjoy anything that they did) I didn’t think I was THAT awful I do think the system they have here is totally flawed and unfair and it sucks that it’s based on a 20 minute conversation, you can’t get to know someone in 20 mins :/

Posted By: Why
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: JJ   

If it really was just to make friends then you should have stuck with the one house you were invited back to. Like you said you can't get to know everyone in 20 minutes, you should have waited awhile and if you absolutely hated it dropped before initiation.

By: JJ
#2  by: @why   

There is nothing wrong with you. Great girls get overlooked sometimes. All schools basically do recruitment the same way. Heavy cuts after 20 minute parties. The houses are told how many girls they are allowed to invite back it is not necessarily what they want to do. I am sure many pnms here and at other schools feel the same way that you do but it is the system we have. Maybe if we did recruitment second semester like they do at some schools it would be better. The pnms would have a better idea of what the houses are all about and vice versa. I know it doesn't change anything but do not think it is you I am sure you are a great girl. This system is flawed but it is the system we and most other schools have.

By: @why
by: GreeSep 22, 2017 6:58:10 AM

@Why, really great advice for Why and the idea to change to a spring rush is spot on. This would allow for Freshman to settle into campus life and join clubs. It would also allow for PNM's to meet Actives through classes, clubs and campus events prior to recruitment. Really a Fall Recruitment seems an outdated concept when Women are attending University and immersing in the whole community of activities and research possibilties that MSU offers. Another outdated idea is looking at Sophomores differently than Freshman, especially in this day and time when many take five years to graduate due to internships and co-ops. Sorority is a sisterhood, so lets find places for for all interested PNMs.

By: Gree
#3  by: aw   

hey!! i know its tough. and its not fair. big schools can be very very scary. the best advice i can give you is to keep your head up and stay positive, stay open to new opportunities and jump on any opportunity that intrigues you (join that one sorority - you can always drop it, go to that mass meeting for that one weird club), stay optimistic and SEARCH for opportunities as they wont just fall into your hands (research clubs on websites, talk to people in your classes/hall about clubs, etc), be YOURSELF and be nice/friendly (keep your door open in your hall, talk to that random kid that sits next to you in class). i really wish you the best of luck. even though a big school can be terrifyingly overwhelming, there are also a huge amount of things and clubs and opportunities to get more involved on campus and to make good life long friends. GOOD LUCK!! it will all workout.

ps - my last piece of advice: if you chose to drop your sorority, thats fine. however, do not sulk about not being in greek life for the rest of your school year(s). that will only make you sad and distract you from finding new things to do on campus. sororities are great, but there are plenty of other cool things on campus that im sure youll love

By: aw

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.