facebook

do people at state actually make new friends?

by: 248

Literally half my hs is coming here this fall. It seems all the alums from my hs that came here in '16 and '15 only hang w the same friends from their hometown. Most of the girls are still dating the boys they literally took to like 10th grade homecoming. No hate, just doesn't seem very "college" ... is MSU just the same high school cliques hanging w each other?

Posted By: 248
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: Expand yourself   

No one cares ... some people are still stuck in high school cliques. Insecure people who still date homecoming dates . Just break away !

By: Expand yourself
by: ehJul 6, 2017 9:33:30 AM

It's impossible to break away when half your hometown is here. That's a lot of the reason I'm transferring. You room with a friend from high school, friends from hometown live in on your floor, rush the same houses, take the same classes. You of course make new associates but mostly it's everyone with the same high school cliques. MSU = high school pt II

By: eh
by: lolAug 20, 2017 10:50:59 AM

nobody breaks away. you'll have '15 16 and 17s from the same high school partying together for 4 years. it's hilarious sad here. they even all intern at the same places, it's pathetic how sheltered and provincial state kids are

By: lol
by: oakland countyAug 29, 2017 5:51:46 PM

they don't call State high school pt 2 for nothing. especially for oakland county. easily 100 kids a year from EVERY oakland county high school come here

By: oakland county
#2  by: Truth   

Seaholm highschool =stuck in high school social misfits

By: Truth
#3  by: Msu   

Not if you don't want it to be like that. It's easy to stick with the same people you did in high school but it is also possible to break away from that and make new friends. That's what I did and it's great. Just branch out and you will have a great time at MSU.

By: Msu
#4  by: Msu   

Also room with someone new!!!!

by: b'hamJul 8, 2017 9:35:01 AM

nobody rooms with anyone new. when half ur school comes here all everyone is talking about from like november to may is who's rooming w who and where are we rushing. people don't even make friends in their hall, all the high schools link up outside of the hall.

By: b'ham
by: llbeanjeansJul 14, 2017 9:33:09 PM

"who you rooming with???"
"umm.. idk.. I went in blind because I hate everyone from our hometown."

not realistic, kiddo.

By: llbeanjeans
by: MsuJul 21, 2017 8:58:04 AM

Well sucks for you because actually I roomed with someone new and they happen to be one of my best friends now...so maybe you should have tried that!

#5  by: S   

It is on you to break away from high school friends. Some people don't want to and there is nothing wrong with that. Every state school is filled with instate students not just msu. Don't be a follower. Keep your rush opinions to yourself and don't be swayed by which houses your friends like or don't like. It is not that hard to branch out if you try.

By: S
#6  by: Novi   

lol welcome to MSU. nobody here makes new friends. 40,000 kids stuck in high school mentality.

must be 200 kids a year from Novi here. not to mention all the Northville, CC, Mercy, South lyon, Commerce Twp kids you know from sports or whatever.

By: Novi
#7  by: tbh   

If you want to reinvent yourself you have to go somewhere small like Kalamazoo, Hope, Hillsdale or bounce out of state to like Miami ohio or Indiana. It's impossible to distance yourself from high school friends.

By: tbh
by: MJul 6, 2017 12:58:55 PM

He's back the guy who is obsessed with Miami of Ohio and private schools. Let the msu bashing begin!

By: M
by: seaholmAug 20, 2017 10:52:41 AM

miami and indiana university were where a lot of rich kids from my hs went if they got rejected from michigan and didn't wanna come here

By: seaholm
#8  by: Lurking Joe.   

Y'all never cease to amaze me with your lack of brain cells. No offense to the rational people who have posted in this though.

Hope that the changes to this site put an end to these childish discussions.

By: Lurking Joe.
#9  by: Ya   

Now that sig Chi isn't a thing anymore, should be less Birmingham kids huddling in one house opposed to meeting others. You'll be fine

By: Ya
#10  by: ayylmao   

Everyone I know at State only hangs with kids from their hometown. In fact, they're all back home now hanging out together. After college they all move to Chicago together and cold call for some seedy company you've never heard of.

If you want to expand your horizons go to a private college, preferably out of state.

By: ayylmao

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.