facebook

which house to rush

by: pledgebound

im having a hard time deciding which house i want to rush for this spring, ive been reading the reviews and its been helping me make my decision easier, but i still wont decide until i go to rush and actually bond with the brothers and see where i fit best. But i still feel like the reviews are a bit bias and its really hard to tell if they are legit or not. so far my top choices are :
1) psi upsilon
2) FIJI
3) DeltaSig
4) Theta Chi
5) PIKE

can anyone give me their opinions about these fraternities as in the overal stereotype, relationship with sororitites and how strong the brotherhood actually is?

appreciate it

Posted By: pledgebound
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 4
#1  by: go   

Go to them all these posts are stupid. Dont let someone tell you where to go, this is just going to lead to bashing from other fraternities on other frats.....

By: go
#2  by: Stop   

Don't make decisions off of this stupid website. Check out all of the fraternities you think you could see yourself in. Go around to some open parties BEFORE rush and try to talk to the brothers. But for the love of god, don't judge fraternities off of this website

By: Stop
#3  by: @newguy   

You must have no idea how the tiers are. Delt Sigs, Fiji, and Theta Chi are not considered "top tier" by any means

By: @newguy
by: Really?Dec 17, 2012 2:50:59 PM

this times a million

By: Really?
#4  by: newguy   

What houses would you say are "top tier" then?

By: newguy
#5  by: @newguy   

top tier fraternities are pike, sig chi, fiji and maybe snu

By: @newguy
#6  by: @pledgebound   

If you want to have a legitimate fraternity experience at Michigan State, and from the list you provided, you should rush/contact Delt Sigs, Fiji, theta chi, and Pike. Psi Upsilon is alright, yea they have a cool house, but they are a minuscule national organization with Co-ed chapters and have been pretty mediocre/bad for awhile. Secondly, I have a few friends in delt sigs, and while yes they have about 5 kids who are not white(out of 80), they are by no means diverse in the sense of race. And id say the current top tier is Pike/Sigma chi basically on the same level, and SNU/Fiji about on the same level, depending on preference. And yes, while you can't judge a fraternity anonymous reviews on the internet, their are a number of houses that are mentioned here quite frequently.. and those are the ones you should visit.

By: @pledgebound
#7  by: pledgebound   

thanks for the feedback, and yeah psi upsilons house is decked out, and i never knew they had co ed chapters else where, interesting, i kinda liked the fact that they were small cuz i felt like it would be a better brothership. hows their reputation socially? and yes i really want a legitimate fraternity experience, FIJI is my second choice i like the fact that they have a weekly study time becuase it shows that they are serious about school and its an awesome way to get to know the brothers more.

By: pledgebound
#8  by: @pledgebound   

Ok.. well basing choosing a fraternity on wether or not they have weekly study hours is kind of silly..most of my brothers study with other brothers multiple times a week.

By: @pledgebound
#9  by: pledgebound    

hahahaha im not making my decision of whether they have weekly study hours, lmao i just found it interesting, and yeah this site seems to have alot of bs on it, probably a lot of self promoters and what not. and yeah im going to talk to some sorority girls i know and see whats up

By: pledgebound
#10  by: Top tier   

Top tier is Pike/Sigma chi....GTFO Fiji

By: Top tier

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.