facebook

pledge class

by: .

which houses do you think had the worst pledge classes?

Posted By: .
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: girls   

can't speak for the fraternities since I'm in one, but sororities (And I'm talking relative to the rest of their house, not the other houses):
Best pledge classes:
Phi
KD
KKG

Worst:
Theta
GPhi
SK

AXO didn't do great, but way better than last year.
XO had its second mediocre year in a row
DG did pretty well for being DG
Zeta did decent
Pi Phi was on par with last year, who were overall better than the older girls in that house

By: girls
#2  by: bestworst   

xo the past few years haven't been the greatest, and this year was the same. still top tier though
axo did so much better than last year but it will take more than just one pledge class to bring them back up
phi had a really good pledge class last year and did just as good this year
kkg did good this year and that's keeping them a top tier house
theta did horribly this year and i would say that bumped them down to upper middle tier
kd got a pretty good pledge class this year, solid middle tier house but that could change if they keep it up

the rest of the houses pledge classes are just mediocre..

By: bestworst
#3  by: well...   

In my opinion, xo did poorly. Maybe top middle tier or lower top tier at best. theta did just ok, not horrible by any means, and they are still top tier. phi and kkg did well and are top tier. kd is still lower middle tier, as it gphi. axo is lower top tier and did ok. Interest in the greek system at msu is just not there, sadly. Hard to recruit.

By: well...
#4  by: hm   

i'd say phi, axo and kkg had the best this year. most disappointing would have to be xo and theta.

By: hm
#5  by: To be honest...   

I'd like to see ALL of the sororities and fraternities work harder at recruiting. We need more top tier houses, period.

By: To be honest...
#6  by: Also...   

There is no reason for houses like xo and theta to have poor pledge classes/recruiting issues. Did they not even try/care?

By: Also...
#7  by: @To be honest   

I completely agree, MSU is a gigantic school and our greek system is extremely weak when compared to other big ten schools, and even to other midwest schools with strong greek life. Better fraternity and sororities breeds more competition, more effort on the part of greeks to do better, it would only benefit us.

By: @To be honest
#8  by: agreed   

i honestly think theta and xo have become very lazy with recruiting and that's effected them in the past few years. if they keep it up they will both be solid middle tier..

By: agreed
#9  by: YES   

Completely agree. Some houses do an awesome job at recruiting and take it very seriously while others... not so much. We have 40+ thousand students at MSU and our greek system is sub par compared to much smaller schools. The sororities and fraternities need to work on recruiting quality people so we don't just have 3 top tier houses...

By: YES
#10  by: Et Al   

Having 3ish fraternities with over 100 every year is a disgrace, plus the fact that MSU has 26 fraternities, and most of them are downright terrible representations of what a successful fraternity should look like. As for the sororities, at least only two of them can be considered underachievers, AZD is defiantly going to be a breath of fresh air. If the numbers of girls and guys that continue to come out to rush stay as high as they were this year. MSU greek life might get better

By: Et Al

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.