facebook

rushing as a junior???

by: !!!

hey! so for my past 2 years I always had SO much happening in my life eary/mid September and because of it I never really was able to participate in formal recruitment. I looked into spring recruitment a little bit but really wasn't sure how to even go about it. I know junior year is super late, but does anyone know how much or how little it matters? Thank you!

Posted By: !!!
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: x   

depends on the house tbh

By: x
by: curiousJun 30, 2017 2:02:03 AM

What houses would take, and what ones wouldn't in general would you say?

By: curious
#2  by: Yes   

Chi o & phi took juniors last year!

By: Yes
by: lolJun 7, 2017 1:14:19 PM

only if you have lot's of connections w/ the girls in that sorority though

By: lol
#3  by: hi   

My house is literally not allowed to take juniors. But there are some houses that do!! It also helps if you have friends in houses.

By: hi
by: curiousJun 30, 2017 2:01:22 AM

Which house is this?! I'm interested in this as well! What if the junior gets along with the women/ good and easy to talk to personality, has 3.5+ gpa, will definitely be around for another 2+ years anyways, and (not too be too stereotypical) in shape, fit, and knows how to present one's self as will be seen in obvious appearance?

By: curious
#4  by: !!   

If you go through the discussions all the way to when recruitment last year was going on, you can see how even sophomores were having a really rough time and a lot got dropped fast. It puts things into perspective

By: !!
#5  by: worry wart   

Please do not despair that you are a junior. Go thru recruitment with a very open heart and mind. You should be willing to graciously accept ANY home's bid.

As a pnm, act naturally and observe faithfully all that is happening around you during recruitment. How do the women inside each sorority act toward their pnms? Are the convos you have with sorority women during rush forced and fake, or genuine and pleasant?

Accept every invitation with grace and tact. Never let people know you are disappointed with your house choices (especially don't tattle to other pnms).

In the end all sorority women work together as a panhellenic unit, and you will come into contact with women belonging to homes other than yours during your lifetime of sorority membership. Make the best impression ALWAYS and you can't go wrong.

By: worry wart

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.