facebook

lambda house

by: QUESTION

Is SAE taking Lambdas house next year? That's what everyone is saying

Posted By: QUESTION
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Sparty   

No. The lease between the Lambda Chi chapter and SAE Financial and Housing Corp. goes until June 2014. It is signed and in writing. Everyone in Lambda has a copy of that signed lease so ask any one of them to show it to you if you want to end this retarded rumor.

By: Sparty
#2  by: msu   

where is lambda going to live next year? my buddy who's an SAE said they already have their leases signed and ready to go. It would be tough to believe SAE Nationals would get them to sign leases without knowing they get their house back. Dont ya think?

By: msu
#3  by: msu   

Spoke with a brother high up in SAE. Look at the bylaws in the lease agreement. SAE nationals has the power to terminate Lambda Chi's lease on Harrison if an SAE chapter is started back up and has enough lease agreements, looks like that is definitely about to happen. Sorry to break it to you bud.

By: msu
#4  by: Lambda Chi   

First, there are no such thing as "bylaws" in a lease agreement--you can talk to me again when you also have a JD and specialize in Landlord Tenant Law. Second, that "bylaw" as you call it does not exist--you are being lied to.

The lease agreement states, very clearly, on Page Two, Section 1, Subsection i: "Option to Extend: Provided that Tenant is not in default beyond any applicable period to cure, Tenant shall have an option to renew and extend this Lease for two (2) additional terms, the first being twelve (12) months and the second being ten (10) months (the "Option Terms"), exercisable by giving Landlord written notice not less than six (6) months before the expiration of the initial term and each option term."

Thus, Lambda Chi has the house guaranteed under law until June 14, 2014 so long as they give written notice to SAE Housing that they will be exercising their legal right to renewal prior to March 14, 2013.

Not sure exactly what lies SAE's chapter is spreading around but I'd be happy to make 100 copies of the Master Lease and leave them on our front porch for you all to enjoy.

By: Lambda Chi

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.