facebook

just an overview

by: FlyOnTheWall

Greek life here sucks for the Black students. They won't take you into the really popular fraternities or sororities unless you're light skinned or shun your culture really hard to fit in with them. The Culturally Black fraternities and sororities (that get extreme praise on other campuses) are almost completely ignored here and its terrible. And it isn't just Black students, Hispanic students get treated wrong too. But no worries, if you have enough money to buy some friends, are White, and likes to party every night out of the week you'll definitely find a place in Greek life at SDSU.

Posted By: FlyOnTheWall
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Truth   

That's a mighty broad brush you are painting with. Houses take who fits their culture, not some pre-disposition of what a racial "culture" is. It's almost a slap in the face to say that someone "shunned" their culture as a basis for a bid. I simplistic attitude like that is exactly the reason I wouldn't see you as a fit. Then to further you caustic diatribe by placating Greek life as being a culture that buys friends, are white, and parties every night, you have solidified the notion that perhaps I wouldn't want to be around you if I didn't need to.

But yeah, it's not you, it's us.

By: Truth
by: schoolfirstJan 25, 2015 5:57:35 PM

You misused a solid number of words that are too big for you in that comment buddy.

By: schoolfirst
by: TruthJan 25, 2015 10:17:01 PM

Actually for a phone with no auto-correct, I thought I did alright. An edit button would do wonders, but you still understood the point, chief.

By: Truth
#2  by: FlyOnTheWall   

What sororities have black members then?

By: FlyOnTheWall
by: .Jan 23, 2015 2:54:07 PM

AXO does

By: .
by: ^Jan 25, 2015 10:08:31 AM

They have ONE black woman. That hardly counts for much.

By: ^
by: hahaJan 26, 2015 12:03:54 PM

No they have more than one, but hey you know everything so who am I to correct you.

By: haha
#3  by: ?   

do other sororities have women of color?

By: ?

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.