facebook

freshmen starting at sdsu next year!

by: Future Aztec

Hey so I will be starting at SDSU next year as a freshmen and I want to join a sorority. I'm looking for a sorority that has fun and is very involved with school but it also down to earth and genuine. Can anyone recommend what sorority would be the best for me to join?

Posted By: Future Aztec
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: panhel   

Go through recruitment and you will be able to find a house that you fit into, that's the whole point! You want to go into the whole process with an open mind because if you have your heart set on a house there is a chance that you won't get it. Rushing is a super fun process and you will meet some of the people that you will be friends with throughout college!

By: panhel
#2  by: cj   

sorry, but no. that's not how sororities work. no "one" will be more fun to you, more involved, or anything like that. this is a mutual selection decision where you will find what is best for you and your future. that's how you find out what's best for you to join.

By: cj
#3  by: Lauren   

The recruitment process is perfect for helping you find out which house will suit your personality and needs as a collegiate. Regardless of where you end up you will get out of it what ever effort you put in to your experience. It doesn't matter which house you are in.

By: Lauren
#4  by: M   

If you want to join the sororities that are very involved with the school and are genuine then join either Gamma Phi Beta, Kappa Delta, Delta Gamma, or Delta Zeta. Avoid these because they are only known for only partying and don't really try when it comes to Greek Week/Philanthropies which is actually supposed to unite the Greek community together: Alpha Phi, Pi Beta Phi, and Alpha Chi Omega. The ones mentioned at the beginning actually win school events and are not superficial like the ones just mentioned. Plus everyone is being fake to you during recruitment because they're trying to sell the sorority. Join the one that has the most sincere members.

By: M
#5  by: B   

The comment above is not very fair. Alpha Phi, Pi Phi, and Alpha Chi Omega all have won philanthropies recently. Yes, because they TRIED and they do get involved. It just so happens they are also the ones that get invited to the big parties. Just because they are nice to everyone doesn't mean they are being fake, either. Why would you be rude to anyone during rush? I believe all these houses have strong sisterhood. Just as the "not top" sororities dont want to be called unpopular or not cute, the top sororities really hate the "rude party girl" stereotype. All your comment does is create an even bigger divide between the two and makes it seem like all the girls in the greek system hate each other. You should be promoting all sororities and greek unity. You dont need to make others look bad to make your own look good. A pi phi, axo and alpha phi would never write something bad about the other houses because they don't need to.
I agree, join the most sincere. You think the most sincere house would be on this website talking badly about others?

By: B

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.