facebook

in need of some advice

by: stressed

Im a freshman this year and I decided not to rush. Im a good looking girl so I thought I didnt need to cuz Id still get into parties and stuff, and I do, but I totally regret not rushing because all the girls I know are in sororities and are always doing stuff with their pals or sisters or whatever and I just sit at home and get depressed.. Im thinking of maybe joining AXO since I have time to do it. I went to the meeting they had and there were a handful of pretty cool and good looking girls. I guess my question is, is that really stupid? Should I just join and try it out, or should I wait till spring rush? I just wanna meet some more girls so I can have girlfriends to go out with!

Posted By: stressed
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Well   

You should go outside your comfort zone for a bit and meet people in class

By: Well
#2  by: do it   

It's a privilege to be a founding sister in a sorority. If you're willing to put in a LOT of hard work and accept that it won't be a top house while you're still here, DO IT.

By: do it
by: YESSep 2, 2013 2:30:37 PM

I would say be a founder of a new AXO chapter. This opens the door to many opportunities and it looks great on your resume that you help build an organization from the ground up. It shows future employers that you have leadership and organizational skills, that you are aggressive, you can prioritize and delegate and you have good people skills. DEFINITELY DO IT!!!

By: YES
#3  by: maybe   

but at the same time dont be fooled from their recruitment they brought girls from AXO at ASU which is top tier there which can be very misleading becuase those girls won't be there when you actually join. You definitely wont start out top tier but itll be good to have a place to be and have the experience. AXO may not be that great though so you may just wanna wait next year to rush and pick the one you actually fit into.

By: maybe
by: PickingSep 4, 2013 4:02:24 PM

Please don't confuse PNMs into thinking they actually control the picking. Mutual selection process is a bunch of you know what at times. Recruitment can be a crapshoot at times.

By: Picking
by: LadiesSep 8, 2013 8:04:16 PM

Being a founder is a great opportunity for any PNM. The recruitment process for a new colony is very tuff and selective meaning that they (AXO) are looking for the future leaders that will build the infrastructure of the new colony and set the standards for future PNM to follow. That takes work and dedication on all members. However, it can be fun. And yes, a new sorority does not start out as a top tier. That is something that must happen over time.

By: Ladies

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.