facebook

Advice for Boys in Class of '27

by: Lundabams

Cannot really speak to the greek life experience for girls here, here's advice for any incoming freshmen boys:

- Rush everywhere. It's a ton of fun and it's one of the easiest ways to meet other freshmen nevermind the older kids
- Put yourself out there early. All of these frats, even the ones you may hear are the most exclusive, want to meet as many kids as possible. They tend to get a little tired and less responsive as time goes on, but if you find a way to contact someone and give them a name and a face in the first couple of weeks, they will put effort into getting to know you.
- Joining greek life gives you a really structured social life. You will have (somewhat) well-planned events with people you love Thursday, Friday, Saturday every week.
- I encourage you to try to get to know all frats where you have the opportunity, but here is a very general overview of the 4 biggest. Note that these are pretty broad generalizations:

Delt: they're a little socially awkward, but very smart and pretty good athletes as well, especially basketball. A lot of kind kids make for an overall great culture.

Snu: very smart, they have a pre-professional culture which has pros and cons. They're also very social and pretty athletic. They are the most organized in terms of events and social schedule. They are very kind kids, but they will chirp each other a ton, some kids in there have some not-so-flattering nicknames that are used almost exclusively among them.

Lambda: Probably the jockiest group - definitely a few smart kids but less of an academic focus. Very social, have a rivalry with snu. Pretty good athletes. The basketball team is pretty closely assosciated with them. They are the only frat of these four they have had allegations in the past year, but worth noting they handled it very responsibly when they learned about it.

ZBT: They have a pretty alternative vibe. Social and kind, a lot of NYC kids. The only group that didn't have a house last year and I believe they won't this coming year as well. Are much less traditional "frat bros" than Snu and Lambda.

Hope this is helpful for some kids, greek life has been a great experience for me and I hope it will be for others too. Also -- you should probably make this the last thing you read on greekrank, most things on here are pretty much bs

Posted By: Lundabams
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Lol   

These are your big 4? 😂

By: Lol
by: LundabamsJun 29, 2023 10:48:53 AM

They are the largest by class of '26 membership to my knowledge (~30-40 each), hence why I called them the biggest 4. I also do not know all that much about the other fraternities, and would encourage you to share about some of them as a reply.

By: Lundabams
#2  by: Tf   

You’re smoking crack. Come back after rehab

By: Tf
#3  by: REAL TOP TIER GIRL   

#1 Lambda is the goal of most rushees

By: REAL TOP TIER GIRL
#4  by: Rip   

Lambda is struggling. Iykyk.

By: Rip

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.