facebook

fyi freshmen

by: True pie

Basically, don't worry about it. If you're in the top six (KKG/DDD/KAO/APhi/PiPhi/DG), you will have mixers with any top frat you want, and you'll never be ashamed ... the fact that you aren't the top of your tier."

Copied from other posts.

Posted By: True pie
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: k   

Seconded!! Seriously, Northwestern's greek life is a little different than a lot of other places in that a bunch of people actually choose to be in the upper middle tier instead of the top tier. You'll still have a really good social life.

By: k
#2  by: Question.    

Does g phi and zeta not mix with top frats?

By: Question.
by: heySep 4, 2016 7:35:46 PM

Not really. g phi mixes with pike every blue moon.

By: hey
by: wellSep 4, 2016 8:23:58 PM

gphi mixes with sig chi and pike. zbt is weird about who they mix with (so no), and sae wouldn't mix with gphi (although to be fair I'm not sure gphi would want to mix with sae).

Zeta (rightly or wrongly, probably wrongly) is still recovering from their drama with pike.

By: well
by: False info Sep 5, 2016 1:34:43 AM

Zbt isn't top

By: False info
#3  by: LOL   

I don't think there are really any people who are too ashamed of their sororitys. If they were, they would have dropped and rushed again the next year.

By: LOL
by: Um Sep 4, 2016 7:35:12 PM

A lot of sophomores do re rush though.

By: Um
by: False info Sep 5, 2016 1:37:36 AM

Oh come on. You know how many women go through rush? Over a thousand, yet quota ranges from 30-40 every year? That's because girls drop after being dropped from certain houses (who also have to make the most cuts first off). So stop the bs

by: LOLSep 5, 2016 6:54:32 AM

@false info, not over a 1000 girls go through rush, not even close. And, if you looked at my original post, I'm talking about girls that make it all the way to bid day. This is NU, so we're full of nerds anyway so there are plenty of girls who don't really care about their social standing and care a whole lot more about whether they actually like their sisters.

By: LOL
by: False info Sep 5, 2016 12:50:53 PM

Yeah they do. I know you want to pretend that women here are different from other schools when it comes to social standing, but they're not. You listen to them during rush, and see what they say about houses.

by: clean Sep 5, 2016 1:08:35 PM

If women would rather drop out of recruitment than be in a certain house, she doesn't want to wear those letters. Half of my rho chi group were sophomores who rushed the year before and hated their final choices. It's okay to be positive, but don't lie to the freshmen.

By: clean
by: ?Sep 5, 2016 5:40:11 PM

Anybody know how many girls appx. end up dropping out of rush then?

By: ?
#4  by: @clean   

Literally no one calls them Rho Chi groups here, I'm calling BS on you being an NU student

By: @clean

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.