facebook

question

by: Hi

Hi I'll be a freshman this year. What sororities have the best sisterhood? I'm looking for a tight knit one with fewer cliques but also does a lot of social fun stuff. I don't care about tiers.

Posted By: Hi
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: sororitygirl   

I've heard different things about all sororities, but "stereotypically" some of the "bottom" tier (especially DZ, Chi O, and Alpha Chi) have some of the best sisterhood for those that do stick it through. I've also heard that Alpha Phi and Pi Phi have great sisterhood, and I've heard that DG can be good too, but I've heard the opposite as well. Mostly that they're good, though.

By: sororitygirl
#2  by: Hey    

Hi! You'll have fun at rush, and I hope you stick it through! As the above poster said Alpha Chi, DZ, and Chi O have great sisterhoods, and they tend to spend a lot of time with each other.

Alpha Phi has a great sisterhood as well. Haven't heard about Pi phi so much, but they look like they have fun together. DG has a good sisterhood in that they support each other overall, but a lot of the girls know each other going in which can make it seem cliquey.

Gamma phi also has a good sisterhood.

By: Hey
#3  by: Don't worry   

All of them have good sisterhood. It's like anything else, it's what you make of it. If you want to be really invested in your sisterhood and try to hang out with them then you'll have a great experience. I know people in every house that love their sisters.

As for social if you mean going out I'd say DDD, Pi phi and Zeta go out the most. and within that the closest sisterhood probs zeta maybe as a function of being mid tier so they're less catty?

But all of them will have mixers and stuff so really don't stress about it. Just try to have fun during recruitment

By: Don't worry
by: ^Aug 28, 2016 4:31:22 PM

Agree with above. Sisterhood is really what you make of it. The more you try to get to know everyone in your pc, the more fun you'll have with your sisters. That being said, you will probably not like every single girl in the house or even your pc; no one gets along with the same 40 people or 120 people. Once you pledge make sure to go to the first couple mixers and sisterhood events so you start learning names and personalities quickly and you'll find pretty soon whether you've found your home if you really put the effort in.

By: ^
by: HuhAug 28, 2016 7:28:50 PM

Ok you have no idea what you're talking about.

Pi phi is mid tier too, don't let them fool you, but they care more about how they look socially than other houses. Low retention rate and they cob on the down low.

Zeta also has a low retention rate, for whatever reason.

It's hard finding a good sisterhood because most sororities choose women who are very much like them, and if you're not like that, you can feel left out. Sure you can find your group of friends, but there will be times where you feel incredibly alone. Just being honest.

By: Huh
#4  by: Hey    

Most sororities are social and have events. It's more about finding your fit.

By: Hey
#5  by: yeet   

hi!
as bad as I feel saying this, if you want a super tight sisterhood I would stay away from kappa/theta/tridelt supposedly. been known to put a lot of other things before friendships.

as far as going out a good amount, you kind of fall towards aphi, pi phi, and dg. they all are well liked and have pretty busy social calendars. dg and pi phi party more though while aphi you can choose when you want to go out, which some people like. all good sisterhoods and you'll figure it out through recruitment. no bad choices with any sorority tbh, no nightmare houses really.

hope this helps!

By: yeet
by: Yup Aug 29, 2016 3:30:01 PM

Tri Delt is okay out of those two but there are much better sisterhoods out there

By: Yup
#6  by: omg    

APhi needs to stop with how great their sisterhood is. Their PC '16 is in the top 3 for most divided.

By: omg
by: Right? Aug 29, 2016 4:02:59 PM

They don't even go out. Lol.

By: Right?
by: Hmmm Aug 29, 2016 4:29:44 PM

That's what happens when you try too hard to get a "diverse" pledge class, but all they got were boring third stringers

By: Hmmm
#7  by: oh come on   

This is northwestern, no one goes out THAT much and everyone has at least reasonably good sisterhood. How much you enjoy your sorority is much more dependent on picking a chapter where you personally feel at home than listening to people on greekrank bashing the chapters that they were cut from

By: oh come on

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.