facebook

delta phi nu sorority

by: Op

On top of kappa beta gamma colonizing at uottawa, there's another sorority delta phi nu coming in the fall.. they have a facebook page

Posted By: Op
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Wtf   

I'm all for expansion but INTERNATIONAL expansion, the reason these GDIs keep forming "sororities" is because we've allowed it with ZOE and OPS. Even nu sig and xdt it sets a terrible example and it won't stop. Who cares if you don't get a bid you can just start your own win the rest of the bidless losers. Panhellenic needs to happen like yesterday

By: Wtf
by: !Apr 13, 2017 6:32:57 PM

I agree except for the part about Xidelt and Nu Sig. They were both establised before any other sororities in Ottawa and they both still going strong. But yeah international sororities need to come to campus though because the number of local sororities is getting ridiculous

By: !
by: uhJul 10, 2017 11:19:10 PM

KBG is international, they've been around 100 years

By: uh
by: STOPJul 11, 2017 1:47:41 PM

KBG is as "international" as APP. Get back to me when you're panhel :)

By: STOP
by: Shutting this downJul 11, 2017 3:50:28 PM

@STOP, you sound like an idiot. International literally means "in more than one nation". Both those sororities are in more than one nation. "International" isn't an NPC term, it just happens to apply to some NPC sororities (not even all of them). KBG was founded a century ago, they're clearly legit and APP is the only Canadian sorority that actually operates like a sorority so yeah, they're both fine. I know you want to feel better than everyone else, but I promise you are not. So sick of seeing you dumb little girls thinking you have a claim on that word, go tell someone on the street that you're NPC and see how much they care. Hint: they won't

By: Shutting this down
by: Not sorryJul 11, 2017 5:14:33 PM

You are a moron, on OUR campus "international" is what we call our NPC sororities... because prior to your joke organizations throwing up your pathetic clubs at community colleges in the states (by no other choice due to NPC not being able to expand, mind you), there was no near to clarify beyond "international." On our campus, international means something MUCH more than the just word. It means you're a part of an organization with a global reputation of excellence, having millions of sisters across the world and letters that are recognized no matter where on earth you go. Your stupid little club full of rejects who couldn't get into a real sorority doesn't stand for any of those things. Those sad little letters just tell everyone you couldn't get into a real sorority, how embarrassing to globe trot with kappa who? written across your chest. But you're right, since we're going to have rejects running around calling themselves "international" and confusing pnms by making it appear as though we're on the same level it's best Ottawa u makes a change and starts using the word NPC. Not a chance in hell my organization is going to sit on the same level as clubs like "Kappa Beta Gamma" and "Alpha Pi Phi." Wait, sorry, didn't I use the right letters there? There are so many irrelevant wannabes on campus it's hard them straight.

By: Not sorry
by: LolJul 11, 2017 5:25:49 PM

You're making Ottawa greek life look like such a joke right now it's not even funny, I'm so glad I have enough self esteem that I don't need to try and convince everyone that I'm better than others 😂😂😂 man your life sounds sad

By: Lol
by: LOOOOLJul 11, 2017 7:25:00 PM

Ouch @shuttingthisdown looks like you just got shut down!

By: LOOOOL
by: MmmmkayJul 11, 2017 8:01:35 PM

Not really, all she did was succeed in making herself look petty and elitist and represent the National Panhellenic Conference poorly in the process, so congrats on that I guess?

By: Mmmmkay
by: NoJul 11, 2017 9:28:02 PM

It's the truth though, the experience is not the same...I guess you wouldn't know since you're basically a GDI.

By: No
by: This Doesn't Make SenseJun 2, 2018 4:04:08 PM

So what are the people who do not go to U Ottawa supposed to do when you exclusively only take U Ottawa students? Same thing in Toronto, pan-hel only takes from U of T, not York or Ryerson. So get off your high horses and either accept students from other schools and quit your whole purist agenda or stop worrying your silly little brain about non pan-hel orgs.

By: This Doesn't Make Sense
by: good griefJun 3, 2018 12:08:32 PM

^unless you go to algonquin you have NPC options and if you go to algonquin you chose to go to college and part of that means not getting a real sorority experience...

By: good grief
#2  by: lol   

yeah they're colonizing Omicron Iota Psi so you know it's gonna be bad!

By: lol
by: ??Apr 14, 2017 11:22:19 AM

I thought it was voted on that they weren't gonna be part of UOGC?? Dang, I thought they though were still on probation

By: ??
by: //Apr 14, 2017 1:26:45 PM

OIP being colonized by that sorority doesn't mean they will suddenly be part of UOGC. That new sorority will have to do the same steps that OIP did to try to be on the greek council (just like KBG will have to do too)

By: //
#3  by: suchajoke   

You guys should check out the Carleton discussion of Delta Phi Nu. They have a section on their OFFICIAL NATIONALS website called "Undesirable for Membership" where they publicly advertise all of their disaffiliated sisters' first AND last name. They just ridicule them on the internet on their official website. Apparently someone talked to one of their alum and she tried to claim that it was "common" for international organizations to have similar lists on their websites lol

By: suchajoke
#4  by: Honesty from DFN   

To be clear there is never too many sororities on campus, everyone is welcome to find their place in a group and perhaps U of O does not have a place for everyone in their greek community. In addition Delta Phi Nu would never publically shame any past sisters or present sisters or anyone in general for that matter. Before judging Delta Phi Nu as an organization you might all want to consider meeting the girls or meeting with their chapter advisor who would be more than willing to answer any questions. Finally, it is also a sorority founded throughout the GTA who strive for inclusion so you might all consider that a good thing.

Can't wait to see you all this fall. XX-

By: Honesty from DFN
by: oh godJun 21, 2017 5:49:06 PM

are you guys this obsessed that you go back to a thread from june to say all this? Calm down and get off this website. no one in the real world thinks about anything that happens on hear - it's basically irrelevant, continue with your rush in the fall and colonization and don't focus on what people think about you, every new organization is going to get some heat.

By: oh god
by: Nice tryJun 23, 2017 11:16:14 AM

You can pretend that "Undersirable for Membership" page was never there but I've got screenshots that prove it was and I'm sure I'm not the only one. That page wasn't removed until Ottawa Greek Life found out about it and we all know it. I'm all for a variety of organizations to suit different women but don't flat out lie, honestly.

By: Nice try
by: lmaoJun 27, 2017 9:30:58 AM

Honestly you're just digging yourself further into a hole. DPN is so unnecessary on campus and you're obsorbing OIP who is literally the worst sorority uOttawa has ever seen. Stay in London or Trent, we don't want you.

By: lmao
by: WowJun 26, 2018 11:08:14 PM

The definition of pathetic

By: Wow
#5  by: TSS   

Omg stop thinking that all the girls in local sororities didn’t get a bid in yours ... and they are all reject.I chose my sorority because i liked the girs ( yes these girls...the one that you judged even if you don’t know them) .Even if a got 3 bid ( 1 from an international) ii decided to join a local sorority. You’re just funny.Girls like you are the reason why i didn’t join Alpha phi

By: TSS
by: noJun 27, 2018 12:29:08 AM

Unless you're an alumn you're lying. We know the girls we give bids to and none have gone local

By: no
by: LolAug 17, 2018 8:39:46 AM

PREACH! Imo alpha phi is just bodies, no real sisterhood or anything else. Not sure why they think everyone wants to be a part of something where you have 2 friends and are alienated from the rest of the sisterhood, whats the point of a sorority like that?

#6  by: Oh boy   

Man it's really hard to give you guys any benefit of the doubt when all year your chapter has been 4 girls and now 2 have graduated? Sorry man... that's not a chapter. With that few members you arent even experiencing the benefits of a local chapter. You either need to go HAM with recruitment this fall or cut your losses now...

By: Oh boy
by: /Jul 9, 2018 3:26:32 AM

Wow, I did a little creeping and saw that they're branding themselves as the "Deltas of Ottawa"...honey no. Ottawa already has two legit groups who could brand themselves that way - TriDelt and DPhiE.

By: /
by: YaJul 9, 2018 9:05:17 AM

And DPsiD, who may be struggling now, but were here before anyone else

By: Ya
#7  by: gdi   

delta phi nu has been around for a year now, i think we should give them a chance considering that they have a chapter in toronto and oshawa. ive met with their chapter and they're all really nice girls and they have tonnes of potential, just nobody looks at them because according to "mainstream" greek life they're nobodies. people all deserve a chance to be part of an organization and feel as if they're united. who cares whether or not they're small.

By: gdi
by: LolJul 26, 2018 5:23:40 PM

Wow which of the 3 sisters did you meet? Or is it 4 actives now? Delta Phi Nu is another garbage local we need to get rid of.

by: HmJul 28, 2018 8:03:10 AM

Or maybe they liked the organization and what it stood for? Not everyone wants to be NPC. The sorority world is way larger than NPC and the fact that some of you refuse to accept that just makes you look sad.

By: Hm
by: ohJul 30, 2018 4:34:19 PM

Ooooooh okay, so you girls were impressed by their website dedicated to bashing ex members/pnms. Good to know your values ladies!

By: oh
by: deadJul 31, 2018 9:47:50 PM

I didn't even notice the change from one pathetic local to another 😂

By: dead
#8  by: Hm   

Whoops, used the wrong username. Was responding to @gdi.

By: Hm

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.