facebook

derby days

by: loll

Wowwwwww kappa gamma is really that shady and they are trying to steal the zoes place in derby days. Sigma Chi you guys gonna let this happen? Greek life is not the same as it was before

Posted By: loll
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: winner   

you cant steal last place

By: winner
#2  by: Omg   

They are not kappa gamma, it's KBG there's a big difference

By: Omg
by: ^ Feb 8, 2017 7:04:33 AM

MASSIVE difference so don't refer to them as Kappa Gamma or people will think it means KKG (a way better sorority)

By: ^
#3  by: Hmm   

Lol is there any actual evidence of kbg coming to campus? Like a Facebook or Instagram??

By: Hmm
by: UOFeb 8, 2017 2:07:22 PM

They're colony Alpha Omicron, listed on the KBG website

By: UO
by: HahFeb 9, 2017 6:41:29 PM

You're funny, a lot of people here know - you probably just didn't look appealing to a NPC.. Sorry

By: Hah
by: BamFeb 9, 2017 8:43:39 PM

Yes I do.. you apply to Panhel, which you really should've done instead of adding another nobody "sorority" to our endless lineup of nobodies

By: Bam
#4  by: no   

@Hah: I might be wrong, but I thought an organization had to ask TriDelt and AP to join NPC. From what I read here, the girls leaving for KBG, left ZOE to become KBG. Therefore, I thought because the girls who left aren't "an organization" therefore, weren't "allowed" to become NPC (if that makes sense) because they aren't in an organization to become apart of NPC.

By: no
by: HahFeb 9, 2017 7:14:40 PM

Nope. They could've created a new name or simply sent a request in to NPC stating they're open to being colonized or looking to found a NPC organization. Let's get things clear. NPC's do not approach groups unless they've stayed to NPC that they want to be colonized.

By: Hah
by: noFeb 9, 2017 7:18:33 PM

@Hah: Thank you for clearing things up. I apologize for the rude comment made above because I got my facts wrong.

Just to make sure I understand, the KBG girls could have created a new name to get "colonized" or the girls could have stated that they were searching to find a NPC organization?

by: hahFeb 9, 2017 7:56:20 PM

Essentially yes! So most NPC's have a section that say "start a chapter" so if they were interested in one specific NPC they could reach out that way - other wise they would just state to NPC they're open to being colonized and then NPC would make a post of some sort stating so and any NPC open to expansion would check out the group and decide whether or not they want to invite those girls into their sisterhood!

By: hah
by: hahFeb 9, 2017 7:57:59 PM

also even if they did create a new name they still would have to reach out to NPC in order to be considered in being colonized! it's almost unheard of for an NPC to reach out to a local organization that has not openly expressed interested in being colonized

by: ^Feb 9, 2017 7:59:27 PM

@hah and @no, 'No' is actually more correct at this time. Since there are two NPC orgs at UOttawa, any efforts to 'extend' the Panhellenic Council must go through the UOttawa Panhellenic Council (which is in its infancy as I understand.) Groups cannot reach out to NPC on their own at this point, basically because it's supposed to encourage goodwill between existing chapters since they get a heavy amount of say as to who will join their campus.

That isn't relevant to "The Artists Formly Known as Zeta" though, since they always intended to become KBG. As far as I understand, their aspirations to be 'on Panhel' are not about joining one of the 26 NPC orgs, but about joining to UOttawa Panhellenic Council as an auxiliary member - like APP and Tau Sig were in 2012-2014(ish) at Carleton.

by: hahFeb 9, 2017 8:02:30 PM

I was completely unaware that they want to be on Panhel but was more just stating how they could've gone about joining an NPC organization. Also i believe that as an individual organization you can still reach out to NPC on your own without the UOttawa Panhel reaching out for you - but i'm not certain so maybe i'll take your word on it!

by: ^Feb 9, 2017 8:02:45 PM

But also, campus extension is bloody confusing and 100% not designed to work properly at schools like UOttawa and Carleton where Greek life isn't under control of a University-run Greek Life office.

by: hahFeb 9, 2017 8:05:44 PM

jeeze so true ^^ I wish the two schools would just end the war against greeks and accept it like UBC and UFT!

by: hahFeb 9, 2017 8:14:24 PM

Omg i had no idea it was that intensive! do you remember what other orgs were considered before DPhiE was chosen? Really curious

by: noFeb 9, 2017 8:42:31 PM

This is all confusing, aha.
Thanks for clearing things up everyone!

by: HeyFeb 9, 2017 8:56:23 PM

Lots of this info is super accurate. If any group decides to go panhel, they need permission from the other two organizations. If they don't have that permission they are still entitled to appeal it, this happened to Alpha Phi as Delta Delta Delta refused to recommend them towards Panhellenic. We know how that on ended and I'm sure by now tridelt learnt their lesson and Alpha Phi isn't the type to be bitter like that so I'm sure expanding NPC at uOttawa wouldn't be a problem. KBG/Zoe girls never wanted to go NPC and if Nu Sig is trying they certainly haven't taken any action on it because APhi and Tridelt haven't been contacted and that is the first step! Everything else is completely accurate, a local is never contacted by an NPC. You apply for SCHOOL expansion (acceptance by the other NPC orgs on campus) then you submit your application to NPC who then posts on a bulletin and you are then contacted by interested sororities. Not sure who contacted DPhiE but APhi had quite a few.

By: Hey
by: yesFeb 9, 2017 9:19:13 PM

Wondering if theta has a chance to colonize soon then? i heard APhi hates them because they wanted to be APhi.. so would they not recommend them?

By: yes
by: ^Feb 9, 2017 9:24:04 PM

I don't think APhi ever had hard feelings but the girls from Theta who were there when it all went down probably did. No idea why Theta doesn't make a move for it, I'm sure they'd have everyone's support

#5  by: -   

But once there's two NPC sororities on campus you can't apply to NPC until Panhel is established. At least that was my understanding of the process.

By: -
by: ^Feb 9, 2017 11:09:51 PM

Yup, you're correct about that!

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.