facebook

panhellenic

by: Rush

Can someone please explain this? I can't make it to the event but I'm reading a lot about it and noticed it on a few sororities pages. What is Panhellenic at uOttawa? From what I saw online it was for special sororities and all this stuff about nu sigma Pi is just confusing me!

Posted By: Rush
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Hi   

Also curious about this, should I go to this event? What on earth is an open house event?? What is this about

By: Hi
#2  by: Hones   

Greek rank is honestly a terrible place to get info - if you're seriously interested message a sister of tri delta nu Sig or APhi to explain it to you

By: Hones
#3  by: WOOP   

Yes NuSig APhi and TriDelt!!!! Saw nu sigs post about Panhel! I'm so excited!!

By: WOOP
#4  by: Advice    

What you girls need to do now is have a huge Panhellenic bid day somewhere on campus like they do in the states where people going to class and such will see you. You'll raise awareness since so many people at uOttawa don't know it even exists and I guarantee fall Rush would be the biggest success you've ever seen (if you do this.)

By: Advice
#5  by: Um   

Xi delt is so screwed

By: Um
by: WellJan 13, 2017 8:06:30 PM

They'll probably end up joining but stay local like APP and TauSig used to be on Panhel at carleton

By: Well
#6  by: Hiii   

So I'm from CU and I'm nosy and wondering... has Nu Sig official expressed any intent on going international? I think it would be a good call but I know you can stay local on Panhel.

By: Hiii
by: Hi Jan 14, 2017 12:01:32 PM

Yes I think they're looking to colonize from what I heard they expressed their interest & now they're waiting to be contacted for presentations from internationals so they can pick

By: Hi
by: HmJan 14, 2017 12:28:38 PM

^ I heard something similar too, but I guess we'll never know for sure until the my confirm it

By: Hm
by: WowJan 15, 2017 10:39:55 AM

This could for sure be rumours but if it's not I feel so sad for their alum, they never wanted to go international, I hope they're alright

By: Wow
by: YaJan 15, 2017 11:15:30 AM

I feel like alums shouldn't care that much, & if they do it's kinda like move on with your life ya know? When I graduate I know I won't care about sorority stuff anymore

By: Ya
by: WellJan 18, 2017 9:14:21 AM

They need permission from one of their founders to change their bylaws that says they're not allowed to be colonized by an international first

by: ^Jan 19, 2017 6:06:47 PM

Nu sig is going to recruit better than you no matter what you say get over it

By: ^
#7  by: Well   

Nunsig what are you doing about your Carleton sisters? I feel bad for them

by: ^Jan 18, 2017 5:29:59 PM

IF they end up going international, it's not an issue, they can still initiate

by: ummJan 18, 2017 10:06:16 PM

when you join NPC i'm pretty sure you need to be on one campus, so NuSig even still as a local needs to find something to do with their carleton sisters when they form the panhellenic with aphi and tridelt

By: umm
by: ^Jan 19, 2017 8:53:22 AM

Would you listen? You can initiate your Carleton sisters, aphi did, you just can't be active but you can attend events. However nu sig would be stupid to continue to rush from CU so when someone mentioned they're still recruiting from CU being a good indicator that they aren't going intl that's legit, nu sig is almost definitely not going international anytime soon

by: ^Jan 19, 2017 6:07:50 PM

So you see how obvious it is that you're trying to ruin their rush lmao

by: lolJan 19, 2017 9:18:22 PM

i don't care about their rush i'm honestly just curious and i know this is the way stuff works...nu sig get over yourself

By: lol
#8  by: Wrong    

Everyone really has no idea what they're talking about, nor will they because you're not in NSP & have zero clue what's actually going on. There actually are ways to include Carleton sisters, & the process of going international as said before is a long process & finding an organization to colonize with that is a good match isn't going to happen over night.
Just goes to show GR is not a credible source for information, I mean how can you know anything about an organization if you're not in it lol

By: Wrong
by: ^Jan 19, 2017 8:56:13 AM

This, I'm not nu sig and I've mentioned that their CU sisters aren't an issue numerous times and some loonie keeps repeating it (obviously from CU and trying to deter CU girls from rushing nu sig lol)

by: ^Jan 20, 2017 8:38:49 AM

They aren't saying anything because they aren't going intl, they want you to think they are because that make them sound more promising lmao it's pretty simple

by: FairJan 20, 2017 9:44:43 PM

You're right, there are ways to involve Carleton girls, but the level of involvement they'll technically be allowed will vary vastly between Panhellenic organizations. I'm glad there are at least a few people here who kind of understand Panhellenic shenanigans.

By: Fair
#9  by: Weird    

Why is everyone obsessed with this topic? Don't you have paddles to make & girls to gossip about, this is boring can we go back to making fun of tri delt now at least that's entertaining

By: Weird
by: OMG Jan 19, 2017 4:34:59 AM

^ Hahaha this.

By: OMG

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.