facebook

rush 2016 process

by: Freshman

Hi I'm just wondering how it all works? I read on here you can visit several houses, how did you guys decide which houses you wanted to rush? I wouldn't really want to go to everyone's events because that would be a little much, did most of you's narrow it down? I was thinking maybe 2 or 3 but even deciding that would be difficult! Any info would be appreciated :)

Posted By: Freshman
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Freshman   

Thumbs down? Lol

By: Freshman
#2  by: Hi   

It's easy, go to rush tables pick a couple of sororities you're interested in, attend a couple of events then start committing to the sorority you like the best, not much to it

By: Hi
by: ^May 17, 2016 10:15:37 AM

Don't mind this rude nu sig, I can completely relate OP. Recently a lot of new local chapters formed (zeta theta xi, theta sigma, omega phi sigma) and that can make rush seem really intense! You should be able to judge by social media whether you might fit in with the group as well

By: ^
by: GreekMay 17, 2016 3:05:54 PM

Whatever you do, don't base your decision on what you see on GR. There is no positive sorority representation here. I recommend rushing Alpha phi, Xi Delts or Nu sigs.
I'm sure this statement will get back lash as these three sororities always seem to be the targets. But no matter what is said, it's because they have the most to offer.
Alpha phi is the only international of the three.
Xi Delt and Nu Sigs are the locals with the most history.
Hope this helps.

By: Greek
by: YesMay 17, 2016 3:12:23 PM

Basically, if you're the kinda girl who thought about joining a sorority before even going to school, you belong in one of those three. The only place you'll get the real deal. The other "sororities" on campus are made of girls who didn't even know what sororities were before coming here. Like feminist types...

By: Yes
#3  by: Silence   

You need to insult tridelta to get any response on here.. Clearly

By: Silence
by: literallyMay 17, 2016 2:07:55 AM

SO true, but at the same time the question was answered, I mean all you have to do is go to events & then pick the sorority you like this best, there's really not much more to it lol

By: literally
#4  by: Yes   

Ya don't mind that silly Nu Sig or Xi Delt!! You can do a lot of research before going to events which will help you out a lot before, definitely look at social media etc. Good luck :)

By: Yes
#5  by: Lol    

Most sororities will put up rush calendars on their social media before rush starts which will also help :)

By: Lol
#6  by: 3   

The only three sororities that matter at U Ottawa are Alpha Phi, Nu Sig & Xi Delt, if you need to narrow it down go to their events then decide :) Anything else said against these three is just Tri Delt being jealous, but these are the main three sororities on campus!

By: 3
by: olaMay 18, 2016 12:34:49 AM

Seriously!! Anyone that tells you otherwise is severely misinformed or just jealous!

By: ola
#7  by: GR is irrelevant   

Honestly, I've seen every organization get called "the worst organzation on campus" on here. So really, don't listen to anyone on here and just go with the people who you fit best with :)

By: GR is irrelevant
by: ^Jun 2, 2016 11:42:49 PM

But really Ottawa tridelt is the worst sorority ever 🙈

by: olaJun 2, 2016 11:59:54 PM

But Aphi though

By: ola
by: ^Jun 3, 2016 11:21:56 AM

Please, thanks again for showing your true colours tridelt. You'll never compete with them, just give it up.

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.