facebook

rush

by: PNM

Any active girls have some real advice before rush?

Posted By: PNM
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: truth   

get ready for hell

By: truth
#2  by: ok   

Rush is what YOU make of it. Girls who claim they didn't enjoy rush or were miserable were most likely extremely upset when a house they liked dropped them. Yes, it is okay to be a little upset. That's normal, but you cannot take it so personally. Other people are in the same boat as you. It is super fun if you want it to be. People who enjoy it tend to be the ones who went into recruitment openhearted and open-minded as opposed to others who solely had their minds set on a certain house. My real advice is to get off this website, stop reading rankings, and stop listening to gossip because at the end of it all, no one really cares what "tier" you were. The only thing that matters is that you present yourself and your chapter in the way that you want it to be viewed. Good luck to all of you PNMs (girls and boys). This is a hard transition, but positivity leads to success. This goes for ALL people rushing across the country, not just UT (even though it is the best school ever)!!!

By: ok
by: JuniorJul 30, 2015 7:53:13 PM

Sorry but even though I got exactly who I wanted and had basically a perfect recruitment, I and everyone I know found recruitment to be hellish. It's very emotionally draining and physically exhausting. No way to sugar coat it. Get ready.

By: Junior
#3  by: :-)   

Definitely go in with an open mind! Don't go in with a mental list of houses based off which one your friends' are in, which one boys like the best, or even which one you are a legacy in.

I say this because all the sororities here are great! You will make friends in whatever house you end up in. You will also meet guys regardless of which sorority you rush. And as for the legacy thing, if you are one, you might feel pressured to be in that sorority. However, you may not feel entirely comfortable there.

This process is about YOU. Not your friends, not boys, and not your family.
Rush is about finding where YOU belong, where you feel most comfortable, and most importantly making lifelong connections with your sisters.

In the end, you will end up in a house. And once you are initiated, you will be a member of that sorority for life. So make sure it's one that you are proud to be apart of! Good luck

By: :-)
by: ohyeahJul 31, 2015 6:42:37 AM

Excellent advice.

By: ohyeah

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.